Ketchikan Crab Feast

fisheswithbears

We will be in Ketchikan during our 14 day HAL cruise. We have been to Ketchikan several times, we have fished, rented a car, and been sightseeing around the town. We are considering the Wilderness Exploration and Crab Feast tour offered by HAL, but we tend to shy away from the ship's excursion. Has anyone done this sort of excursion through a private operator? It starts with a bus ride, then a catamaran trip for sightseeing and a crab estuary for pulling crab pots. At the end there is a meal featuring crab at the George Inlet Lodge. I seem to recall reading about it being offered by a private operator but I can't find it now. It sounds like it might be fun but we don't enjoy being part of a large group.

I know other ships offer this besides HAL. If you have done this tour, would you do it again?

We will be in Ketchikan during our 14 day HAL cruise. We have been to Ketchikan several times, we have fished, rented a car, and been sightseeing around the town. We are considering the Wilderness Exploration and Crab Feast tour offered by HAL, but we tend to shy away from the ship's excursion. Has anyone done this sort of excursion through a private operator? It starts with a bus ride, then a catamaran trip for sightseeing and a crab estuary for pulling crab pots. At the end there is a meal featuring crab at the George Inlet Lodge. I seem to recall reading about it being offered by a private operator but I can't find it now. It sounds like it might be fun but we don't enjoy being part of a large group.

I know other ships offer this besides HAL. If you have done this tour, would you do it again?

We just did a slightly different tour through Princess on Wednesday. We did a Sanctury walk then went to the Lodge for a Crab Feast. They feed in shifts, they bring in groups about ever hour and a half. I saw nothing but large buses going out and coming in. We had 2 ships in port that day so don't know if you can privately tour this place. Our ship had at least 4differnt types of tour ending with a crab feast.

Archived