Adventureland Tours Turtle and Shipwreck Snorkel

Copper_beeches

We were in Barbados on 4/23, on the NCL Majesty repo. My mom (65) and I(32) went on the Turtle and Shipwreck snorkel, through the ship which was run by Adventureland tours. I can say enough great things about the trip, it was just fantastic! We took a short bus ride to the pier, and were greeted by the 3 person crew who were just fantastic. We were helped aboard, (though it wasn't a difficult step, they were just really attentive) and it was a no shoes boat.

The captain introduced the crew, and gave a short safety briefing, and we were on our way to the turtles :-) The crew passed out masks, snorkels and life vests and instructed on how to put them on properly.When we anchored at "the spot" the crew stomped on the back of the boat which called the turtles, and almost imediately we could see the huge shadows surfacing, tand there were tons of them all ofer the place! The crew helped anyone who needed it into the water, and there was crew in the water feeding the turtles fish out of thier hands.

Absolutely fantastic experience! The turtles would stay put long, but you could gently touch them... really cool.

There were a few newbies to snorkelling, and as the water was quite rough, they needed some assistance. The crew was great about really keeping close to anyone not comfortable int he water, and providid life rings co the innexperienced could still experience the snorkeling. We were called back to the boat by conch shell theme and variations which was fun.

We were in the water with the turtles about 25 minutes I think, then back aboard (and given water and softdrinks) and we went to a small shipwreck. This was great too and we added fins, the wreck was I believe about 100 years old, and there was lot's going on. I saw a small Hawksbill turtle (but unfortunately scared him away before I realised what I was doing :( ) They were also feeding the fish here, and there was a huge variety, much better than the normal Seargent Majors... I also saw a small nurse shark. I guess we were in the water about 25 minutes here as well, then back on the boat to be greeted by rum punch water and soft drinks. We anchored off a gorgeous beach in about 3 feet of water, and spent another 20 mintes or so lounging in the water sipping rum punch... ideal :) Wish I was there right now!

Back on the boat, and on the way back the captain gave a mini tour pointing out the Parliment building and giving a breif history, and the crew pointed out other points of interest along the way.

This was my favorite port of the cruise, over Tortola, St Thomas, St Maarten, St Lucia (close second), Aruba and Miami... a great excursion, and I think a must do in Barbados!! The crew was really attentive, friendly and made sure everyone was having a wonderful time. My absolute favorite 3 1/2 hours out of a 16 day cruise:)

Archived