Booking problem. I'm confused.

We cruise this past May and for the first time put a deposit down on board for a "next cruise" certificate.

A few weeks later I booked the cruise we wanted, except I did it online, not knowing I had to call in my reservation for the benefits to be applied and was charged a $750 deposit (three of us).

Yesterday, my wife called to cancel that booking, then rebook with all the same details (same people, same room, etc.). They were great and took care of it right away.

Today, I check the "my cruises" section of RCL's website and find there is one reservation there, but it is the old reservation number with a different stateroom down. In addition, there is a linked reservation number which is the same number as the one we just booked.

Did they not cancel the first reservation and just linked it instead?

How come I can't see my new reservation information?

Also, checking my credit card statement, nothing has changed. No cancellation of the original booking and no new charges for yesterdays booking.

I'm confused on what I should do. Maybe after reading this you are too!

call again today. there are agents out there that just get confused. once I had a booking on hold, they called me to get me to book it officially and then he didn't give me the same cabin. didn't notice for a few days and the cabin I wanted was gone! I'm sure another agent can straighten it out for you, if not talk to a supervisor.

We cruise this past May and for the first time put a deposit down on board for a "next cruise" certificate.

A few weeks later I booked the cruise we wanted, except I did it online, not knowing I had to call in my reservation for the benefits to be applied and was charged a $750 deposit (three of us).

Yesterday, my wife called to cancel that booking, then rebook with all the same details (same people, same room, etc.). They were great and took care of it right away.

Today, I check the "my cruises" section of RCL's website and find there is one reservation there, but it is the old reservation number with a different stateroom down. In addition, there is a linked reservation number which is the same number as the one we just booked.

Did they not cancel the first reservation and just linked it instead?

How come I can't see my new reservation information?

Also, checking my credit card statement, nothing has changed. No cancellation of the original booking and no new charges for yesterdays booking.

I'm confused on what I should do. Maybe after reading this you are too!

Login to the website and click the link on the left side that says "Don't see your reservation?". Then enter the details of your second (NC) booking and it should add to your "My Cruises".

This did not need to be done the first time because you were already logged in when you made the booking. Since you called in for the second reservation (to use the NC), it didn't automatically get posted to your cruise list, so you have to do it manually.

Archived