OBC Problem

Booked a future cruise and booked IOS was told that would receive $100.00 OBC from RCL as we weren't allowed to book cruise online where you receive 5%. Received invoice no OBC noted phoned RCL no mention on notes of OBC.

Also wanted to upgrade pay more money and was told due to type of booking were not allowed!

RCL not doing well!!

Have been told there are processes being followed by RCL.

Hi Poppy,

Very interested to read this.

We were on a cruise in May and I spoke to the LA about this

If you are from Uk you have to pay £150 deposit per person, so no low deposit for us.

I knew which cruise I wanted to book , it was for Australia in 2014, in fact I had spoken to my travel agent just before we left and had a quote from him which included an Early Booking Discount

When the LA calculated discount and OBC, it was exactly the same price that my TA quoted.

She did tell me that I could not use other discounts that became available,(over 55's, Savings Certificate and others like residency etc which do not apply to Uk Clients) .

I booked with my TA when I got home, and hopefully, will get a Savings Certificate that I can use against this cruise.

Sentosa 25

Hi Poppy,

Very interested to read this.

We were on a cruise in May and I spoke to the LA about this

If you are from Uk you have to pay £150 deposit per person, so no low deposit for us.

I knew which cruise I wanted to book , it was for Australia in 2014, in fact I had spoken to my travel agent just before we left and had a quote from him which included an Early Booking Discount

When the LA calculated discount and OBC, it was exactly the same price that my TA quoted.

She did tell me that I could not use other discounts that became available,(over 55's, Savings Certificate and others like residency etc which do not apply to Uk Clients) .

I booked with my TA when I got home, and hopefully, will get a Savings Certificate that I can use against this cruise.

Sentosa 25

Curious as to why Europeans do not get dis-counts we get here in the U.S.A.?

I have seen countless posts from other European residents saying the same thing.

B-T-W.. In all of my travels, Northern Ireland ranks as one of my favorites....

I keep reading posts from yourselves in the US and it bugs me that I hear of the OBC, cabin discounts, speciality restaurant vouchers, flowers in the cabin that you get.

I spoke to my TA about it last week and they said there is nothing they can do as they only have so much of a margin to play with.

I did think of getting my Aunt in NY to book the cruise I'm looking at going on but apparantly, there will be alot of complications when boarding which I can do without.

Why, Thank You, Gary,

Northern Ireland is a lovely place.........apart from the rain!!!:D

I believe that our booking terms and conditions are different to yours because we have different consumer laws here. :(

Anne

Archived