HELP! Taxi from Holiday Inn Downtown to Port of Miami??

MizzouMary

Hi. Can anyone recommend a taxi company in Miami that has vans? We need a taxi to accommodate 7 people plus luggage from the Holiday Inn downtown to the port. It is only 1.9 miles, and I know we could take two cabs, but we wanted to ride together.

I called several companies, but I am having trouble communicating with them since none of them spoke very good English. Some said they charge by both the mile and the time it takes to get to the port, so I can't get a straight answer on what it's going to cost us.

Thanks for your help!!

The cost would be quite minimal, not enough to worry about, just a few dollars as it's just across the bridge... Most cab companies have both sedans, and vans. If you're just going to take a taxi though you don't need to pre-arrange anything, taxis are plentiful and if there are no vans in sight ask the concierge/bellman or whatever a Holiday Inn has, or ask one of the cabs that is there to call for a van. If you can't get one though I don't see where it's a big deal as it's literally only a 3 minute drive - Just go out of the Holiday Inn, across a bridge and you're THERE!

Archived