Joyce Prince is the best!

I'm finally getting an opportunity to sing Joyce Prince's praises like so many others on this board. Our family of four sailed on the April 17th eastern Caribbean Mariner and booked a tour with Joyce a couple of months before sailing. Not only is Joyce personable and warm, you end up feeling like you're driving around the island with an old friend by the end of the tour. Her van is comfortable and she provides ice cold beer and water in a cooler in the back.

She was also instrumental in booking the Rhino Rider excursion for us in the morning (she provided the transportation from the dock) and then picking us up after the excursion was over for a two and a half hour tour of the island in the afternoon. All this for a fraction of what the cruise line would have charged us for the Rhino excursion alone! We absolutely fell in love with St. Martin so much so that we are thinking about a land vacation there in the coming year. I would not hesitate to contact Joyce again. If you want to experience a close-up tour of St Martin, contact Joyce, you won't be disappointed. Her email address is joyol1771@yahoo.com. She answers emails promptly but she is getting so popular that she did say some days she is overwhelmed by the number she gets. In that case, call her cell on a phone card. I talked to her for ten or fifteen minutes when planning the tour and it only cost a couple of dollars.

Redheadforreal,

Can you tell me about your Rhino Rider excursion? How much did it cost, what time did it start, how long was the excursion, and what all did you do? I think the Rhinos sound fun, but we have limited port time in St. Maarten - 9am-3pm. We are booked with Joyce already, though - can't wait for her tour!

jimbug,

Our Rhino excursion lasted from 11:30 until 2:30. It's a full three hours. I do think there is an earlier tour from 9:15 until 12:15 though. That wouldn't leave much time for a tour of the island but it might be workable.

We got to ride the Rhinos following a guide for about 45 minutes to an hour to a little island where we anchored and then snorkeled for about an hour. Then we motored back to the dock where we started. My seventeen year old son thought they were the best thing we ever did and liked them better than jet skis. Even though you are following a guide you are pretty much on your own in open water for the trip to the island. We really enjoyed them and they go fast. We would do this excursion again in a heartbeat.

Archived