Disappointed with PB last summer -is there another beach with better water toys.

Kat1613

We went to Paradise Beach last July - the good things were

at that time -no charge for water toys/entrance

nice beach - great lounge chairs, tables, shade

decent food and drinks although drinks not that much liquor in them (frozen drinks) had 3 & felt very little.

However, we were very disappointed that right after we got there in the a.m.

some of us climbed on the iceberg where it tipped somewhat (there were only 3 or 4 climbing on it) right after that it was pulled to shore and no one could use it anymore it seems to have deflated some. Also we believed the website of live music but there was no music all day at all. There were only a few kayaks and a long wait to try and use one. The water tramp was used by most for sunning and not for jumping.

We will be returning to Cozumel again this summer & would like to go back to Paradise but want our kids to be able to have decent water toys so they can have something to do besides just swimming & now that there's a charge for them at PB I hope they work this time. But Is there a similar beach that has better water toys or ones that work .Thanks for any help.

Yup, that old iceberg seemed to need patching every once in a while, unfortunate that happened when you were there. We bought a brand new one about 2 months ago though.

Totally apologize about the website listing live music after we terminated it. Our mistake, we blew it. (Note to self: check that it's been removed!) The band seemed like a great idea when we opened Nov 03, but we couldn't afford them after months of seemingly endless NORTES (cold fronts), and little business.

I'm surprised at the liqour comment, we let the bartenders freepour and encourage them to be generous...maybe your tolerance was high that day!

I feel that the kayak comment is inaccurate, we started with 13 kayaks when we opened and still have them today. Guests rarely last more than 10 minutes on a kayak and turnover is normally pretty fast. Faster now that you need a bracelet to use one. (Unless you are a parent of a kid with a bracelet who's not big/old enough to use one).

Hopefully you'll give us another try, and remember to ask for a manager if you feel you are not getting what you paid for. We'd rather solve your problem on the spot than have to answer your complaints on the internet. Don't be shy, we're here to make your day!

I was just at Paradise Beach on May 6th. There seemed to be plenty of Kayaks and no one was just sunning on the trampoline. The iceburg was not out right away, but was brought out and fully inflated. Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Clean. No one hassling you to buy their stuff. Only asked once about hair braiding.

I didn't care for the water, kindof stirred up, but it did rain on and off that day. Not many other people seemed bothered by it.

Pam

Since you have kids, you might look at Playa Mia. It has kid things, petting zoo, floating toys, etc.

check out http://www.playamia.com.mx for info. If I had active kids, I would definitely consider.

Me, I am hitting PB with hubby in 2 weeks for a few hours!! Then shopping!

Don't forget PBTom, I am looking for my Pineapple drink!

June

THanks Kjnunea and waterbound for the info on the other 2 beaches. Mystical blues I'm glad your experience was different but I wasn't asking for a debate just relating my visit and asking for some help with other beaches. Thank you Tom for your explanations -although I still disagree with u on the kayaks as our experience on a hot July afternoon was a long wait to find a kayak & then short time using as others were also looking for one same with the floats - in the afternoon there weren't any left but I guess that's too be expected on a summer day. My kids were also disappointed w/ the iceberg so I'm glad to hear u bought a new one - we may return.

Well, I promise an almost brand new iceberg, 50 additional new floats within the last 4 months, and no wait for the kayaks since we went to the bracelets!

Ask for me when ya get there, though I´m rarely there before noon...I'll make sure your day doesn't lack for anything:)

What date will you be in Cozumel?

Kat1613, I hardly consider my comments or take on Paradise Beach as trying to start a debate. I simply stated my experience there, considering I was there just a few days ago and you were there almost a year ago. Lighten up a little.

I was in PB last week as well. There was no wait for anything and the iceburg was in good condition. However... the kids didn't like the rocky water and seagrass and debris. Also the sand is really rough. Wear your water socks! THe facilities are amazing though and the munchies were great. Best nachos supreme ever.

I'll probably do something else next time though because the little guys can't use the water toys yet and the wading area is rocky and grassy. I think all of the beaches in Coz are like this though.

Thanks for your attack on my personality Mystical Blues but I'd rather have an answer to my question & since I had read such GREAT things about PB from past posters before I went last summer & then had a slightly different experiece I wasn't asking for more posters experiences. Paradise Tom - We will be coming to Cozumel on June 7 with a large party of 15 -we haven't decided on exactly which beach to beach ourselves on yet but after your comments on the improvements I will be recommending our group to PB amongst others.

Well what can I say, we don't have many beaches that sound like PB, you have to walk 2miles out to the sea in Liverpool, England, and our weather is awful at the moment (May).

It's even cold in our summers, so PB here we come, we're just glad because it's warm.

Lin

Archived