Cruise Parking in New Orleans?

Hi all,

We leave this weekend for our 7 night cruise on the Carnival Conquest leaving out of New Orleans. I have never cruised out of this port before and I'm looking for suggestions on parking. Close proximity to the cruise terminal and good rates.

I've found a parking garage online called the Fullton Place Parking garage that on a map shows to be only a couple of blocks from the terminal and they offer free shuttle service and the rate is only $11 per day if I book online.

Are there better options that I can just pay when we get there?

What is the best suggested place for parking?

I'm in the dark here...help me out.

Thanks,

Craig

I would go with that garage. We parked in the one that is right at the pier and we parked outside. I think it was about 16 dollars a day and we waited about 30 minutes the morning of the cruise just to get in line, pay, and find a spot. I didn't really like the lot (lots of potholes and loose gravel which the suitcases didn't like), but it was convenient.

We didn't get into the garage last November. If I had a choice, I would choose the covered parking.

11.00 in New Orleans is a good price unless someone else knows of a better deal nearby. We cruise out of New Orleans once a year and parking is a little more than some ports like Galveston, but cheaper than others like New York.

Have heard good and..."OK" things about Fulton. It is close by and it is cheaper by $4-$5 a day. The only negative I heard is that getting back to the parking garage may not be as quick as you might like.

That being said, we parked at the port (Erato lot) last month when we cruised the Elation.

Used Fulton this past December (booked on-line). Would use them again!!

TIP..... If you have a hotel for the night before in the downtown area, make your parking reservation beginning on that day. The parking fee at Fulton is less than many of the hotels. Once, downtown, we found we did not need the car (stayed 2 nights prior to the cruise at Hilton and they charged $24/day for parking).

Also, if you are staying close to the pier and can manage your own luggage, may want to consider walking..... We spent an hour in a cab waiting to enter the port area (there is only 1 way in and out and lots of traffic on cruise days) Would have taken us 10-15 minutes to walk!!

Enjoy your cruise!!

I have been out of New Orleans three times. Every time I have parked at the port every time and will do so in the future. It is a very nice parking garage and you do not have to haul your luggage around. To me it is well worth the extra money.

I have been out of New Orleans three times. Every time I have parked at the port every time and will do so in the future. It is a very nice parking garage and you do not have to haul your luggage around. To me it is well worth the extra money.

I agree, I did it 2 months ago and will park there again in 2 weeks. I think its worth the $16 daily fee. If you are an early bird like me and get there at 10ish, there is very little traffic at that time. Have Fun!!

This is what we're going to do. Last time I cruised out of New Orleans, my then hubby and I had to lug our bags a few blocks, down stairs and broken escalators, to get back to our car. The heat and humidity in NoLa at this time of year is killer. I would avoid that situation again!

So there is actual cruise terminal parking?

Is it anything Galveston (which we've done before).

I pull up to the Terminal and let my wife and kids out with the luggage. A porter greets us at the car and takes the luggage away to be checked. I then pull out and park at the Terminal parking and I'm given a ride back by the Cruise parking shuttle?

Lots of people use Fulton which years ago was one of the official parking lots but isn't as convenient as parking on top of the cruise terminal.

We prefer to park at the port and take an elevator instead of a shuttle bus to check in.

When parking at the port there are porters in the garage to take your luggage.

This time of year, there are only the two Carnival ships in town. In winter there are 4 with NCL and RCL in town. Even though the Erato Street garages is supposed to be reserved for Carnival, I have a feeling they don't strictly enforce that.

So there is actual cruise terminal parking?

Is it anything Galveston (which we've done before).

I pull up to the Terminal and let my wife and kids out with the luggage. A porter greets us at the car and takes the luggage away to be checked. I then pull out and park at the Terminal parking and I'm given a ride back by the Cruise parking shuttle?

When parking at the port there are porters in the garage to take your luggage - you then park and all of you ride an elevator to check-in instead of a shuttle bus.

You pay

IMG_8733.JPG

Enter

IMG_8734.JPG

IMG_8735.JPG

Porters take your luggage

IMG_8739.JPG

and then you park and take the elevator to check-in.

IMG_8740.JPG

I used Fulton in early June 2011. The price was $12.00 per day. I made my reservations 4 weeks in advance because I was encouraged to do so by the manager at Fulton Place Parfing Garage. (Maurice Kansas) in order "to guarantee availability and low rate". He said that if for any reason I changed my mind I could cancel at no cost.

We were arriving a day early and staying at The Marriott (where parking was $30 or $35 per night). He said we could start parking at the garage anytime and they would take you to the hotel. He suggested we drop off our luggage at the hotel first and then come and park and they would take us to the hotel. He said that on the day of our cruise that the shuttle would pick us up from our hotel.

I was excited and thought everything was planned! Then, when I arrived there was a not so nice lady who told me that I would have to pay a different rate for the days that we weren't on the cruise which obviously, was NOT what I was told. She said I didn't have a reservation and was down right nasty and said that I would have to come back the day that we were leaving for the cruise; she wouldn't allow me to prepay then and that she didn't know if a shuttle would pick us up the following morning or not. I was just speechless that everything could be prearranged and yet when I got there she acted like I was crazy and that there was no possibility that what I told her was true. It was a HUGE headache. As fate would have it I couldn't find my email confirmation at the time so I had no choice but to take her at her word and leave, planning to return the following day before we boarded the ship.

Finally, I found the email and contacted Maurice. He confirmed everything that he told me was correct. A shuttle picked us up at the hotel that morning, took us back to the parking garage to straighten things out. I had 4 other people with me with their luggage so we were required to get off the shuttle to take care of the business and then get back on another one at a later time.

I also had other minor issues with them. I don't know if they just didn't like me or what, but they were down right rude to me everytime I walked in the door, lol.

Would I use them again? I dont know.

Now when we disembarked from the cruise we didn't have to wait long at all to get on a shuttle to go back to the garage.

Also, if I remember correctly Fulton Shuttles were not allowed to pull into the port area to pick up passengers. They had to wait outside the area. Not sure why.

we stayed in a motel that had free parking and a free shuttle to and from the port. well worth the money, and free hot breakfast.. it was about 10 min from port. you can leave your car for 7 days, but i am going back in dec. and staying for 9 days and was told it would be fine

To some people that "few dollars" might be a lot, unless I missed a cheap garage the cheapest one I found was $10. Taking that 10 min shuttle is worth the $100 I will save If there's a cheaper garage please let me know

I paid $14 per day to park at the port. On a 7 day cruise, it's only $14 more than parking at the Fulton garage at $12 per day. Also, at the Fulton garage, you should be tipping your shuttle drivers both ways, so the savings is pretty nil. I understand budgets, but being from NO, I also understand the Fulton garage and their shuttle system... People in NO move at their own slooow pace. The port is very convenient and well set up. But everyone has to do what is right for them. But being from here, wanted to at least put out a little warning...

On my next cruise from NOLA, I will be gone for 9 days The best rate I found was $10 a day, so to be exact that would be $90 minimum. The hotel I stay at has free parking and a free shuttle The motel is about 10 miles away For me that 10 min ride is worth it. I'm not knocking the garages, but I also want to make sure all options are on the table

@Nitro

Are you staying in Gretna? That hotel offers roundtrip transportation to and from the hotel, Parking, your room, as well as a free breakfast in your rate. Let me know if you'd like their info, I sent it to someone last night. They offer a great package at a great price.

FYI to those staying at the Holiday Inn, they offer transportation to the port, but not back to the hotel.

Archived