Room Service Alcohol Pricing

B_K

Does any have or can anyone point me to a price list for buying bottles of liquor from room service after boarding. I have the price list for preordering a bar set up, but Events Coordinator tells me the pricing from room service could be different and not include mixers and garnishes as part of a package.... (specifically looking for 1 liter Beefeaters)

My reason for asking is I do not yet have a cabin assignment so can't go bar set up route, and I think NCL is punishing me for using a TA....

Thanks,

BK

I don't know from personal experience, but I have read here several times that buying a bottle of liquor on board for consumption is not possible. Others have reported that it can be done, but you will be charged the regular bar shot price adding up to 1 liter. If that is the case, you would be much better off buying drinks normally as you want them.

Room service will deliver individual bar drinks or you can have the mini's in your cabin honor bar replenished.

My reason for asking is I do not yet have a cabin assignment so can't go bar set up route, and I think NCL is punishing me for using a TA....

NCL is not "punishing you for using a TA". I suspect you booked a guaranty cabin and that's why you don't have an assignment yet. You probably got a great price and the downside is that you have to wait for your actual cabin to be assigned. It could be today or anytime up to departure.

At any rate, have a great cruise.

I don't know from personal experience, but I have read here several times that buying a bottle of liquor on board for consumption is not possible. Others have reported that it can be done, but you will be charged the regular bar shot price adding up to 1 liter. If that is the case, you would be much better off buying drinks normally as you want them.

Room service will deliver individual bar drinks or you can have the mini's in your cabin honor bar replenished.

From personal experience this is correct. Pretty pricey

Does any have or can anyone point me to a price list for buying bottles of liquor from room service after boarding. I have the price list for preordering a bar set up, but Events Coordinator tells me the pricing from room service could be different and not include mixers and garnishes as part of a package.... (specifically looking for 1 liter Beefeaters)

Thanks,

BK

You should be able to order without the cabin # as long as you have a NCL booking number. I have changed cabins (upgrade/Upsell) days after ordering a bar setup and they always made it to my new cabin.

FYI a bottle of Grey Goose was $170 onboard

Thanks,

BK

:D Sorry I don't mean to giggle but NCL does not punish anyone for not booking directly through them. I believe your issue with your cabin assignment is your TA.

If I book through a TA or NCL I choose my own cabin # and pay for that particular cabin. Or if guaranteed cabins are available for the category I wish I book that as well and wait for a cabin to be assigned. It sounds like you didn't specify a particular cabin to your TA and they have booked you as a guarantee. Which can mean you will assigned a cabin anytime between now and when you board.

As for ordering a bar set up, I'm with time2cruise. You don't need a cabin number to order a bar set up or bon voyage gifts, they attach it to your reservation #. So no matter where you land on the ship, it finds you.

Well, OP is withing 10 days of sailing and that can be problematic. Experience says you can still order. TA probably has to call it in though. Room number is not required, only money. It is by far cheaper to do it now, will be at least triple or more if you try to do it by the shot on board. Tell your TA what you want done and push it through. NCL does not punish you for using a TA, they just make you use the TA you hired to do the work, they are paying the TA along with you for them to do the work for you. Have a great cruise.

You can call it in even if a TA was involved and no cabin number assigned. I ordered a bottle of liquor as a gift for someone and all I needed was the person's name, the ship's name and the sail date. They received it just fine.

Thanks All,

I believe Mr Murphy wrote laws about this. A couple hours after posting it I received my cabin assignment. And since it was a 3 category upgrade I obviously misspoke about discrimination against TAs.... I'll take it through channels.

BK

With NCL I've been able to call them direct and buy Bon voyage items. I made the mistake of using an impersonable major online outfit for my NcL cruise. It's just as easy to go around them instead of teach their agents their job. I now use a more local business. Is a win win for both

Thanks All,

I believe Mr Murphy wrote laws about this. A couple hours after posting it I received my cabin assignment. And since it was a 3 category upgrade I obviously misspoke about discrimination against TAs.... I'll take it through channels.

BK

Congrats on the 3 cat upgrade. Have a great cruise.

Archived