Carnival Secrets they usually don't tell you about #2

Room7

In honor of the original thread Link I though it would be nice to restart it since the original is over 200 pages long and some tips might be out of date.

Ill be leaving on the Splendor in a month

So anyone got tips, tricks or secrets?

If you drop your fork on the floor, the waitstaff will bring you a clean one at no charge.

At least, this was the case in the MDR on Sensation for lunch. I cannot vouch for this practice on other ships, venues, or times.

Lots of people advise to take a bathing suit with you in your carryon in case you want to use the pools before your luggage arrives, but I would also advise you to bring what you want to wear to dinner the first night. Luggage often arrives late, even after dinner seating sometimes.

Deli sandwiches are a little skimpy. They were not my "thing", but I have a friend who cruises fantasy-class ships and loves them. He always asks for double-meat (he's a big guy, it definitely doesn't go to waste).

Deli sandwiches are a little skimpy. They were not my "thing", but I have a friend who cruises fantasy-class ships and loves them. He always asks for double-meat (he's a big guy, it definitely doesn't go to waste).

I always order double meat or more tuna. One guy at the station was much more generous than the other who must have been related to Cheaphill.

Get to the deli line off times so you don't have so long a wait.

The best thing I learned from a seasoned cruiser was that you can order a banana split for dessert in the main dining room. It's actually from the kids menu so it is small, but my husband LOVES this. On our last cruise he ordered one and I thought the other men were going to mutiny when they say he had the banana split - they asked about it and our poor server ended up making all the men banana splits for dessert a few nights. Funny none of the women ordered them.

The best thing I learned from a seasoned cruiser was that you can order a banana split for dessert in the main dining room.

Thanks for posting this, Lisa!!!

My NEW, MOST FAVORITE-EST TIP YET!!! :D

If everybody starts ordering them, they may discontinue offering them, so I will make sure to take full advantage of it on our cruise on the GLORY next week!

Banana Splits are a favorite of mine and I have been known to make my own in the evening with bananas from the breakfast bar and soft serve late at night. This will save me the trouble! HAHA!

The best tip I learned from the past thread was to go to the spa to take a shower. They are much bigger and some boats have rain shower heads, some have 5 shower heads and it is sooo much nicer than in the stateroom. Every cruise I go to the spa for a nice hot, comfortable shower. :)

From the document

"Need more non-alcoholic beverages? Pick them up on shore. Carnival doesn't track what you brought on the ship initially and they haven't been known to question you bringing on more non-alcoholic beverages on port days."

They let you bring them on, but they take them till the last day, no?

If everybody starts ordering them, they may discontinue offering them, so I will make sure to take full advantage of it on our cruise on the GLORY next week!

Banana Splits are a favorite of mine and I have been known to make my own in the evening with bananas from the breakfast bar and soft serve late at night. This will save me the trouble! HAHA!

Sorry, by the time we get to dessert, my photos get blurry (too much wine), but here is the ice cream sunday (no bananas) that my husband ordered on the victory.

IMG_1270.jpg

From the document

"Need more non-alcoholic beverages? Pick them up on shore. Carnival doesn't track what you brought on the ship initially and they haven't been known to question you bringing on more non-alcoholic beverages on port days."

I have all but once had them taken away from me and that once was on Costa. Otherwise they take them and get your name and cabin number and deliver it last night but I am sure others have gotten it through.

Edited by debster11

On the Magic, instead of going to the Lido buffet for lunch when you board, go up to Cocina del Capitano, the Italian restaurant. There will be very few people there. Lunch is free, there is a $12 charge for dinner.

Not to worry. Many of us have been doing it for years. :D

IMG_0343.jpg

From the document

I have all but once had them taken away from me and that once was on Costa. Otherwise they take them and get your name and cabin number and deliver it last night but I am sure others have gotten it through.

Non-alcoholic drinks - soda, water, juice, etc are not taken from you in ports. Only wine and alcohol are taken and kept until the last day

From the document

you can keep the non-alcoholic drinks. they take the alcoholic drinks and hold those until the last day.

you can keep the non-alcoholic drinks. they take the alcoholic drinks and hold those until the last day.

On our last cruise they did not take the booze we bought at one port - it really depends who is at the re-entry!:)

In honor of the original thread Link I though it would be nice to restart it since the original is over 200 pages long and some tips might be out of date.

Ill be leaving on the Splendor in a month

So anyone got tips, tricks or secrets?

Hi Room7:)

Thank you for linking the original post to your post.

I tried to think of a tip that was not typical, or unusual.

The 'Lucky Coins'.. The lucky coins are a tradition on many cruise lines.

A coin, or coins, are placed in a box and welded to the outside of the ship.

I (think) the tradition is suppose to appease to the gods & create good luck.

Since you mentioned that you will be sailing on the Splendor very soon;

The lucky coin is located on Deck 14, opposite to the water-slide entrance.

Have a terrific cruise!

:)

so all the secrets are on the other threead? is one supposed to retype it here, or just read it there?

Both, as well as add any new secrets or tips.. You are a seasoned cruiser, so this may seem redundant, but for others it may contain useful and fun information.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

The best thing I learned from a seasoned cruiser was that you can order a banana split for dessert in the main dining room. It's actually from the kids menu so it is small, but my husband LOVES this. On our last cruise he ordered one and I thought the other men were going to mutiny when they say he had the banana split - they asked about it and our poor server ended up making all the men banana splits for dessert a few nights. Funny none of the women ordered them.

Been doing this for a couple years. You should see how many of the other diners, the next night, have the same.

Thank you for restarting a new thread. The old was was too long and out dated.

The thread evolved from "Carnival Secrets" to alos include tips and ideas from seasoned cruisers. I found those actually more helpful than the "Carnival Secrets"

Heres one i started doing on my last cruise. With Digital cameras, we all end up taking hundreds of pictures. My problem was that after the cruise when I got home, I would go through my pics and have a hard time remembering where a pic was taken, when, and what it was!

So now each morning, before I leave the cabin, I take a picture of the front page of the Fun Times. It has the date and port of call on it. I now know that every pic taken after that one is in sucn and such port and taken on such and such date. Makes organizing our photo albums much easier.