Can I book more than One Tour??

There are multiple things I would like to do while on my cruise. I am going to Belize/Costa Maya/Cozumel/George Town....but certain island have multiple things I want to do.

I would like to do the dolphin adventure on Cozumel, but would also like to snorkel or maybe something different.

Can I book more than one tour, and if so how does it work? Anyone else done this before?

Speaking from experience only - the final decision is yours.

On our very first cruise, we booked 2 excursions at each port and found it to be very tiresome. Running back and forth to catch buses and eat and catch another bus was something that we were not to crazy about.

If you can't decide, pick a port with two things and try it and go to another port and try one excursion. Then you can judge for yourself.

By the time we did two excursions at the same port, we were all pretty tired after dinner and did not want to do much but sit and chat.

Again, the final decision is yours and it will be interesting to see what other people think.

On each cruise we did after (3) we now only book one excursion at each port and most of them are booked independantly.

Hope this helps.

Online, they will let you book more than one in a day. However, you run the risk of arranging getting to each one on time as well as making it back to the boat.

We booked two in one day for Labadee, but the other islands we only booked one.

You could try an independent tour that would include both the things you wanted to do. Check out the ports of call board for tour guide recommendations and contact information. Some guides if they don't already offer the tour will sometimes customize a tour for you. It depends on what you want to do and how long you are in port whether your are able to do it or not.

I think you would be best off booking directly with Chankannab (sp) search for thier web address. We did this last year and it was awesome. After the dolphins, walk over to the left and they have snorkel gear and guides that will take you out if you like. Our guide was fantastic. We had our 5 yr old with us and this guide really watched out for him. He even brought a lifesaving ring so if we got tired we could watch him bring up cool shells and attract fish with his bait. This place has one of the best reefs in Cozumel. Taxis will drive you out or we rented a jeep and then drove the whole island.

You can book two excursions but I would recommend against it. I did it once on GC and the first one ran late and the 2nd was messed up and left early (because of rain). RCCI put us on another similar excursion, but it was very stressing (and tiring) because at the end of the 1st excursion we were thinking we were going to miss our 2nd one. I think the suggestion of looking for an independent that will have both the dolphin swim and the snorkel would be a better idea.

Archived