Alilauro in Naples

Gini80

Our cruise stops in Naples on July 13th from 7am-7pm. We have considered the following itinerary....

~Catch a taxi from the port to Cirumvesuviana

~Take the Cirumvesuviana from Napoli Centrale to POMPEI - SCAVI VILLA MISTERI (no train change)

Leave at 1013. Arrive at 1045. Train: Regionale 3735.

~Spend 2-3 hours in Pompeii

~Take the Cirumvesuviana to Sorrento, check it out.

~Catch the 16:45 Hyrdofoil back to Naples.

Questions:

1. I have been trying to buy tickets on http://www.alilauro.it, but it keeps saying "Tratta non prenotabile". Am I doing something wrong, because it shows that the time is "green" (available) on the screen before that?!? I'm trying to book it for 2 adultos and 2 bambinos.

2. How far is the Hydrofoil's port Napoli (Beverello) from the cruise ship port area.

3. How far is the Cirumvesuviana station from the Hydrofoil port in Sorrento? Is it easy to find?

4. Can anyone tell me if I have the Cirumvesuviana 10:13 information correct at http://www.vesuviana.it/web/en/homepage. I pull up the schedule and it show some trains have a 1 min trip to a close station, a 5 min wait, then it leaves for Pompeii. Does it matter which train you catch?

THANKS SO MUCH!

You really don't want to buy boat tickets ahead of time, there will be plenty available when you show up. There's no assigned seating on the boats anyway; you want to be able to buy a ticket for the next boat leaving, which may not be an Alilauro.

The cruise port in Naples, Molo Angioino, is right next to Molo Beverello. A five minute walk, at a crawl.

The Circumvesuviana station in Sorrento is a little over a half mile from the port (Marina Piccola). There are local buses that will take you down there for 1 Euro, or you can walk down some pretty long and steep sets of stairs. There's also a public elevator that you can use for a fee.

Archived