Kids & Music

OK, here's a really dumb question from someone who has never cruised with kids before. We are thinking of taking a cruise with our 14 y/o DS and 11 y/o DD. DS is quite a guitar fanatic and I was wondering if other kids bring guitars for jam sessions if they even are allowed in the kid's area(or anywhere)? It would be nice because it is his way to unwind as well as a way to make friends.

I appreciate any thoughts!

Thank You! :) :)

Well, honestly, no, I've never seen a child (or adult for that matter) bring a guitar onboard, but if it makes your son happy, then why not? :)

You definitely won't see kids "jamming" anywhere; the guitar probably would not be allowed in the children's programming area, but if he wanted to play in your stateroom, that should be okay. (Of course, assuming he wasn't blasting music until all hours of the morning.) ;)

Your son should have no problem making friends in the programming if he starts participating the first night...that's when many of the shipboard friendships begin.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Archived