Paris hotels and transportation

chloe kitty

We are going to Paris post cruise. We will be arriving in Orly and departing from CDG. Does anyone know of a convienent hotel in Paris that is in a decent neighborhood, close to transportation, and more on the modern style that is not too expensive? Is that too much to ask?? We don't care if it is on the outskirts of the city as long as transportation is nearby. Please help!!

Also, does anyone know anything about transportation from Orly into town and from town to CDG?

Thanks for your help.

We stayed at Hotel Des Academies et des Arts recently, a small, very contemporary boutique hotel in an historic building in Saint Germain des Pres, 6th arr. near Jardin du Luxembourg, a great neighborhood. The metro stop Vavin is less than a block away, and it's only three or four blocks from an RER station (about 30 to 40 minutes to CDG by train). There were many really good restaurants and bistros within walking distance. We took the Metro to the all the usual sights. It was a good place for us - not a budget choice, but not terribly expensive - and Paris is definitely that!

We are going to Paris post cruise. We will be arriving in Orly and departing from CDG. Does anyone know of a convienent hotel in Paris that is in a decent neighborhood, close to transportation, and more on the modern style that is not too expensive? Is that too much to ask?? We don't care if it is on the outskirts of the city as long as transportation is nearby. Please help!!

Also, does anyone know anything about transportation from Orly into town and from town to CDG?

Thanks for your help.

I cannot help you with any modern style hotels as I usually stay in the 1 ARR and I do not know of any there.However, I would suggest checking out Venere.com as you can check through the hotels in the different ARR's by area and price and then see if they are close to the Metro.I am sure there are plenty.They will show if on the modern style as well. I am puttting 2 linls for you ..one for the airports and one for a shuttle service if you choose not to take a taxi.These should answer some of your questions.There are some hotle suggestions on this board if you scroll through some of the pages,but not sure if on the moderen theme.Enjoy your stay in Paris.

Paris Airports: Paris hotels and Paris city guide

The Blue Shuttle, Paris Airport Shuttle:

EASY CDG Your smart guide for Paris-CDG Airport

I have just booked 2 nights post cruise at a hotel in the bastille area. It isthe Campanile Paris 11 Bastille. We paid 232 AUD for 2 nights, only a twin room available but most hotels in Europe a twin is 2 singles pushed together anyway. I booked it on hotels.com Last time I was in Paris we stayed at the Ibis in Montmarte but have decided it was just too sleezy an area to stay this time. The Campanile isnt an upmarket hotel, is 2 star but with pretty good reports from others who have stayed there and it is super close to several metro stations, and easy train to CDG from where we fly out. The metro is super easy to use in Paris, recommend getting either a day ticket or the carte which is 10 tickets that can be used over as many days as you want. We will probably get the 3 day ticket for 20 euro each.

Archived