Half Moon Cay must do activity!!!

dvdkndy

So I have read some people saying that renting a cabana is the must-do thing in HMC. Anyone had any experiences renting them or pictures to share? $230 seems rather steep for a small hut but we are considering doing it because of what some have said. What about which one to pick? Any cabana better than another? When do you pick which one you want? I'd like to have a hammock near by to lay in too. I've always wanted to lay in one so that would be a huge plus!

Any advice you give will be greatly appreciated!

So I have read some people saying that renting a cabana is the must-do thing in HMC. Anyone had any experiences renting them or pictures to share? $230 seems rather steep for a small hut but we are considering doing it because of what some have said. What about which one to pick? Any cabana better than another? When do you pick which one you want? I'd like to have a hammock near by to lay in too. I've always wanted to lay in one so that would be a huge plus!

Any advice you give will be greatly appreciated!

I LOVED LOVED LOVED my cabana, I have had a few, my favorite is pink (number 9) close to the main action, but far enough away to be private, also close to the bar and the restrooms. It is alot of money to spend, but I just enjoyed it so much. Last time I had one it was 199.00. I guess the demand is growing.

DSC_0485.jpg.8a4858fb17887873a983f647838e0f98.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg.acc720f175a2ad823c73f1ff3e7c6df1.jpg

DSC_0704.jpg.2521486355cab3113985a5cf0d44c582.jpg

Any advice give will be greatly appreciated!

I booked mine for the Destiny in August! We are splitting the Cabana 5 ways for the cost. Everyone chips in money. I would also like to know how we get to pick the Cabana's also....

You pick your Cabana when you first get on board at the excursions desk.

Cabana number 10 is best. It was close to the bathrooms but not so close that everyone going to the restrooms went past your cabana. That is the problem with #9 and #8. The path to the restrooms is just between those two.

Lots of pictures and information in my review linked below in my signature.

2/6/2012 Carnival Destiny http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1574072

.... last February and rented number 13. It was well worth it in my opinion. We split the cost with 3 other couples. A great respite from the INTENSE sun! That section of the beach was very quiet. The cabana is air conditioned, has a misting fan, shower, and includes chips and salsa, fresh fruit, snorkel equipment, pop and water. For $55 per couple ($220 split 4 ways) it was worth it to us.

Bruce

I had to convince my husband to do this the first time we went to HMC (it was $199 then). But that is for 4 people. And you get 4 mats, 4 snorkel gear (if you want), 2 very comfortable chaise loungers, a table and 4 nice cushioned chairs, guaranteed shade (which is what swayed him), frig with water and sodas, platters of fruit and chips, dips, etc., towels waiting for you, shuttle ride to your cabana, etc.

We have had #7 both times. It was fine. close to restroom, close to lunch buffet, not too close to the Pirate ship bar.

HMC is one of my all time favorite ports of call. You will love it!

I had Cabana #12. When you board, whomever made the reservation gets stopped at the "ding ding" machine (where you put your S&S card when you board) and are told to go to the excursion desk. They tell you to pick it out then. It is first-come, first-served (yet another reason to get an early boarding number).

Here are some pictures. I *LOVED* this port, I *LOVED* having a cabana and would do it again in a heartbeat. I Loved the location of our cabana--nice and away from the bar scene (we aren't bar people) and yet close enough to the restrooms and the lunch area. They give you your own snacks, more comfortable sitting stuff, snorkel equipment and your own floaties and who knows what else... I don't remember, but it was NICE having your own space on an island--felt like it was your own special place.

ValorCruise9-11-11429.jpg

Outside our cabana, looking seaward:

ValorCruise9-11-11440.jpg

ValorCruise9-11-11454.jpg

ValorCruise9-11-11457.jpg

ValorCruise9-11-11458.jpg

Best Cabana are....do list....

NOT:

?????

Sorry but your wrong, other than the people from 8 or 9 going to the bathroom, I never saw a soul (I have had 8- 3 times). The ones to avoid are 1-6 they are main beach. Past 9 you are in no man's land, which is great if you never want to see anything or go to the bar. I think on HAL its different because you get a butler, but on Carnival you are walking. :)

I think it is SO subjective. If you like being in the action, you might like 1-6. If you don't, go higher up in numbers. I loved being in 12 and would choose it again. A "mule" will take you to your cabana and then it is a short walk to the bathrooms/lunch area. Nothing wrong with walking... we didn't have a problem at all.

It's up to you. ANY cabana on Half Moon Cay is worth it!!!

I agree, 1-6 are the ones to avoid, since most people who don't have a cabana go to the beach there. You are also sandwiched between the two bars, you have the kids play area down near 1. People will come up and use your shower, etc.

Also, 1 used to be considered the handicapped accessible one because it had a ramp into it instead of a few stairs. I don't know if it still is now though.

Who needs a cabana? Go grab a lounger-there are plenty-and relax. Get a drink if you drink, lay in the sun, get in the water to cool off. Who needs more?

ME ME ME, I do, because I am pasty white and burn inside of 15 minutes LOL! Plus that misting fan is AMAZING!!!:D

ME ME ME, I do, because I am pasty white and burn inside of 15 minutes LOL! Plus that misting fan is AMAZING!!!:D

I burn am deathly pale too. But hourly application of SPF 70 to the face (and tattoos!) and SPF 45 everywhere else and I was only a little pink at the end of the day, in the spots I missed. And that was with much of the day spent in the water.

I burn am deathly pale too. But hourly application of SPF 70 to the face (and tattoos!) and SPF 45 everywhere else and I was only a little pink at the end of the day, in the spots I missed. And that was with much of the day spent in the water.

Or I am just a diva LOL! :D

Or I am just a diva LOL! :D

Hey, I've been burned enough times to be cautious to the point of paranoia as well. And if I had travel mates and could afford the nice a/c'ed cabana, I can't say I'd turn it down!

Hey, I've been burned enough times to be cautious to the point of paranoia as well. And if I had travel mates and could afford the nice a/c'ed cabana, I can't say I'd turn it down!

I saw your other post, did you make a decision on your cruise? I started to post Fascination because I love it, but then I realized I just looked like a fanboy! Good Luck either one will be fabulous I am sure. :)

I saw your other post, did you make a decision on your cruise? I started to post Fascination because I love it, but then I realized I just looked like a fanboy! Good Luck either one will be fabulous I am sure. :)

Not yet. I'm gonna sit on it for a day or so. There are still enough 1As left that I can give it a day. If HMC were on the itenerary it wouldn't even be a question! But I would have to make a major timeline change, and with the way my job is set up, I'm not sure it would work. The sad part is, the one with HMC is even cheaper!

Not yet. I'm gonna sit on it for a day or so. There are still enough 1As left that I can give it a day. If HMC were on the itenerary it wouldn't even be a question! But I would have to make a major timeline change, and with the way my job is set up, I'm not sure it would work. The sad part is, the one with HMC is even cheaper!

That just sucks! just keep telling yourself, any day at sea is better than one at work!!!. Seriously I really hope it all works out for you. If you ever want to make yourself feel better head over to the cunard board, they seem like such douches. :)

Archived