Half Moon Cay must do activity!!!

dvdkndy

That just sucks! just keep telling yourself, any day at sea is better than one at work!!!. Seriously I really hope it all works out for you. If you ever want to make yourself feel better head over to the cunard board, they seem like such douches. :)

Actually I just priced it out & there's only a $15 difference. The end of the month is just generally a better idea, I think. But the draw of HMC is tempting...

My two cents... I was pretty upset when the husband wouldn't agree that we should get a cabana in HMC. I tried to sell him on it daily with video and pictures and reading reviews, but he wouldn't budge...

When we got to HMC, after reading lots of reviews. We took a walk down the beach to cabana 10ish... there were a TON of empty chairs in the shade, a beautiful sea breeze, crystal blue water and the husband fell asleep in a hammock under the trees. We had an amazing day even without the cabana. That is good but somewhat unfortunate because now I'm not sure I'll ever convince him to get one! lol :confused::eek::D

Have had #9 --3 times and love it. 13 is too far from everything in my opinion so it is just that someone's opinion. 9 is the beige one--right by a bathroom but not many people go to it -quiet yet close enough to everything.We booked our cabana this time the day we booked. I remmebr the times when you had to wait until you got on the ship to book. This is so much easier!

Best Cabana are....do list....

NOT:

?????

Who needs a cabana? Go grab a lounger-there are plenty-and relax. Get a drink if you drink, lay in the sun, get in the water to cool off. Who needs more?

Well, NEED? Probably not, but I love having a Cabana.

A place to keep your stuff.

A place that has a giant cooler full of ice and drinks.

A place with shade for you to mix your drinks...

A place that has a nice table so that you can eat your food on the beach.

A place with a shower to rinse off the ocean.

It is really nice.

I don't splurge often, but this, IMO, is worth it.

Well, NEED? Probably not, but I love having a Cabana.

A place to keep your stuff.

A place that has a giant cooler full of ice and drinks.

A place with shade for you to mix your drinks...

A place that has a nice table so that you can eat your food on the beach.

A place with a shower to rinse off the ocean.

It is really nice.

I don't splurge often, but this, IMO, is worth it.

Hey, like I said, if I could split costs with a few people, I wouldn't turn it down!

Who needs a cabana? Go grab a lounger-there are plenty-and relax. Get a drink if you drink, lay in the sun, get in the water to cool off. Who needs more?

You are so, so right! We never get a cabana. Waste of $. There are plenty of shade trees. Love HMC

2012- Carnival Victory – Oct. – S. Caribbean

2012 – Carnival Miracle – April – E. Caribbean

2012 – Carnival Conquest – Feb. – W. Caribbean

2011 – Westerdam HAL – Dec. – E. Caribbean

2011 – Nieuw Amsterdam HAL – Oct. – Mediterranean

2011- Carnival Miracle – May – E. Caribbean

2010 – Nieuw Amsterdam HAL - Dec.- W. Caribbean

2010 – Celebrity Summit – Sept. - Bermuda

2010 – Serenade of the Seas - March - S. Caribbean

2009 – Crown Princess – W. Caribbean

2009 – Golden Princess - Alaska - Inside Passage

2009 – Coral Princess - Panama Canal Transit

2008 – Caribbean Princess - New Eng. & Canada

2008 – Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean

2007 – Explorer of the Seas - W. Caribbean

2006 – Golden Princess - S. Caribbean

2004 – Serenade of the Seas - S. Caribbean

2002 – Star Princess - Mexican Riviera

2002 – Dawn Princess - S. Caribbean

2000 – Carnival Inspiration - S. Caribbean

1999 – Carnival Paradise - W. Caribbean

1996 – Majesty (private) - Key West

1989 – Sovereign of the Seas - E. Caribbean

Well you guys helped convince me! We booked it today and also used a 10% off code so it was $203. I saw your reviews and also some clips on youtube. Defintely seems to be a huge crowd in the low numbers. 9 and higher looks great to me! Hopefully the walk to get some grub will not be too far away. Not having 50 chairs in front of your cabana seems worth the extra walk to me though.

Also, being close to the bathroom isn't that big of a deal. Why walk all the way to the bathroom to go potty when you got the water straight in front of you? People think I am snorkeling but we all know what I am really doing. HA! I AM JUST KIDDING!!! :D

ME ME ME, I do, because I am pasty white and burn inside of 15 minutes LOL! Plus that misting fan is AMAZING!!!:D

Right there with you. I booked a cabana for my upcoming cruise for the same reason. Even with SPF 54 I still burn

I just have to say that HMC is my favorite port by far (not that I have been to many).. We had Cabana 9 I believe when we went - shared the cost with another couple and absolutely loved it even with the rain we had..

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Well you guys helped convince me! We booked it today and also used a 10% off code so it was $203. I saw your reviews and also some clips on youtube. Defintely seems to be a huge crowd in the low numbers. 9 and higher looks great to me! Hopefully the walk to get some grub will not be too far away. Not having 50 chairs in front of your cabana seems worth the extra walk to me though.

You are going to love it!!!

I think it is SO subjective. If you like being in the action, you might like 1-6. If you don't, go higher up in numbers. I loved being in 12 and would choose it again. A "mule" will take you to your cabana and then it is a short walk to the bathrooms/lunch area. Nothing wrong with walking... we didn't have a problem at all.

It's up to you. ANY cabana on Half Moon Cay is worth it!!!

We also had #12 and loved it. Would definitely get that one again. It was so quiet down that end.

Rent the Cabana! Its the best money I ever spent! I split it between 3 of my friends and we had a blast! I am very pale and didnt want to be out in the sun all day...so it came in very handy!....and I think we got Cabana #10...it was green and close the bathroom if I remember correctly.

You are so, so right! We never get a cabana. Waste of $. There are plenty of shade trees. Love HMC

It's only a waste of money if YOU don't want to spend money on it...doesn't mean it's not worth it to others.

We have a cabana booked for our upcoming August cruise, and they were sold out with 6 months to go, so there certainly are people who love them!

It's only a waste of money if YOU don't want to spend money on it...doesn't mean it's not worth it to others.

We have a cabana booked for our upcoming August cruise, and they were sold out with 6 months to go, so there certainly are people who love them!

I know you can book one online now, but can you actually choose which one you want or do you have to wait til you board for that?

It's cool that everyone likes them and all but I can't figure out what the draw is... My thoughts are that I am only on this little beautiful island for a few hours, I don't want to spend a lot of time in some man-made structure when I can be out snorkeling, or on a jet ski, or a kayak, etc. (unless it is for a visit to the cool pirate bar for a few drinks! ;)). Of course, an umbrella would be nice to relax under if you've had enough sun.

It's cool that everyone likes them and all but I can't figure out what the draw is... My thoughts are that I am only on this little beautiful island for a few hours...

We are there from 10:00am - 6:00pm. My thoughts were that during that time surely I would like to get in the A/C, eat in private, take a nap with a cool mist fan blowing on me, have soda and snacks delivered to me, have my own snorkel gear and mats waiting for me, priority tender, jeep pickup/drop-off, have my own shower, and not have to worry about NOT having all the above. Don't get me wrong, a day without a cabana beats any day here in Cincinnati! :D However, if I am there for 8 hours, I might as well make it the best I can.

I might also say we don't drink alcohol either so we don't have to worry about DOD's and night caps piled up on our S&S either so that is another reason why we can do it.

We are there from 10:00am - 6:00pm. My thoughts were that during that time surely I would like to get in the A/C, eat in private, take a nap with a cool mist fan blowing on me, have soda and snacks delivered to me, have my own snorkel gear and mats waiting for me, priority tender, jeep pickup/drop-off, have my own shower, and not have to worry about NOT having all the above. Don't get me wrong, a day without a cabana beats any day here in Cincinnati! :D However, if I am there for 8 hours, I might as well make it the best I can.

I might also say we don't drink alcohol either so we don't have to worry about DOD's and night caps piled up on our S&S either so that is another reason why we can do it.

As much as I love to swim, snorkle and walk the beach, for the amount of time that we will be there I surely need a place to rest in the shade and if I can have a cabana that has air conditioning...I will be in heaven! The price isn't too bad since we are splitting between 5 people even though the set up is only for 4. Does anyone know how far the cabanas are from the BBQ lunch Carnival provides for us?

So I have read some people saying that renting a cabana is the must-do thing in HMC. Anyone had any experiences renting them or pictures to share? $230 seems rather steep for a small hut but we are considering doing it because of what some have said. What about which one to pick? Any cabana better than another? When do you pick which one you want? I'd like to have a hammock near by to lay in too. I've always wanted to lay in one so that would be a huge plus!

Any advice you give will be greatly appreciated!

We had a Cabana for three of us at the end of May and it was amazing! ***we had #12 (yellow) it was out of the crowds, but still close enough to the bathroom and food***

keep in mind it includes

8 soft drinks

2 large bottles of water

4 float mats

4 sets of snorkel equipment

4 towels

Fruit platter

Chips and Salsa

2 padded loungers

table with 4 padded chairs

AC

Fan with mister

Shower

Tram service to drop you off an pick you up (just let them know what time you want picked up)

PRIORITY TENDERING!!! - you don't have to wait in line for the tender tickets, you just take your cabana pass and go whenever you want -if there is a line, Carnival will take you to the front of the line with the VIP's

My other half and I are going again in November and I reserved our cabana immediately

During our 2010 Miracle cruise we booked the Private Oasis with other members of our Roll Call. That was my first time to HMC, & I absolutely loved it.

This coming October will be my 2nd time at HMC & I can't wait! I'm a solo cruiser this time, but I booked a cabana for myself anyway, because I wanted it. :D. It's a home base, a place to put my camera & Nook...a place to grab some shade when I want to, plus a shower! I'm hoping to get either # 9 or # 10.

I'm happy that the OP decided to go for it!

Archived