Half Moon Cay must do activity!!!

dvdkndy

We are going to HMC in August, first time. Booked a cabana, but have a couple of questions.

1) Security, do you feel safe leaving things like you camera and phones and stuff in the cabana when you are all in the water? Should I look to bring a bicycle lock to lock stuff up?

2) Which are the cabanas that if I want I should try to be there as early as possible. We will have our DD8 with us, so I don't want to be all the way down the beach, I want to be closer to the action but don't want it to feel to crowded. I was thinking I want in the middle section, are those very desirable?

Thanks

Well you guys helped convince me! We booked it today and also used a 10% off code so it was $203. I saw your reviews and also some clips on youtube. Defintely seems to be a huge crowd in the low numbers. 9 and higher looks great to me! Hopefully the walk to get some grub will not be too far away. Not having 50 chairs in front of your cabana seems worth the extra walk to me though.

Also, being close to the bathroom isn't that big of a deal. Why walk all the way to the bathroom to go potty when you got the water straight in front of you? People think I am snorkeling but we all know what I am really doing. HA! I AM JUST KIDDING!!! :D

Im surprised they still had them available. they sold out quickly on my cruise. we never get one but it is just the 2 of us. you may like it for your little ones

As much as I love to swim, snorkle and walk the beach, for the amount of time that we will be there I surely need a place to rest in the shade and if I can have a cabana that has air conditioning...I will be in heaven! The price isn't too bad since we are splitting between 5 people even though the set up is only for 4. Does anyone know how far the cabanas are from the BBQ lunch Carnival provides for us?

depends on which cabana. I think there is a path between #2 and #3 that leads there. the higher numbers, the further from the lunch

Im surprised they still had them available. they sold out quickly on my cruise. we never get one but it is just the 2 of us. you may like it for your little ones

depends on which cabana. I think there is a path between #2 and #3 that leads there. the higher numbers, the further from the lunch

Actually there is a short cut for the higher number cabanas, its maybe a block from 8. That's what I loved about 8, it was close to the action, but not in the middle of the chaos. For the poster who asked if it was safe to leave your things there, yes we felt like it was, but they do have the hardware for the locks on the cabinets (not the lock itself) :)

When you go the excursion desk to pick out your cabana (I would go right after boarding) they also ask you for the shoe size of each person in the cabana (for the swim fins) and what type of soda each person would like. So if one person in your party goes to the excursion desk, make sure they have this information.

When you go the excursion desk to pick out your cabana (I would go right after boarding) they also ask you for the shoe size of each person in the cabana (for the swim fins) and what type of soda each person would like. So if one person in your party goes to the excursion desk, make sure they have this information.

That's good to know!! we have two people getting cabanas so i'll pass on that information

I am so looking forward to our cabana on our August cruise! Normally, I wouldn't shell out that kind of money but I so rarely indulge myself and I really, really wanted one! A) I burn like crazy and I just wanted a place where I could hang out at the beach all day without worry and B) I just wanted to spoil myself a little. I know it's not worth it to everyone but it is to me :D I am hoping to get cabana 7 or 8, as due to some tummy issues, I need easy access to the bathroom :o

Here's a map/info on HMC. It's provided by Holland America, since they own the island, but I would assume that all of the activities listed are available to Carnival guests. Haven't seen anything similar from Carnival.

http://www.insightcruises.com/pdf/Half_Moon_Cay.pdf

Can't wait to see it for ourselves in November! :D

We are there from 10:00am - 6:00pm. My thoughts were that during that time surely I would like to get in the A/C, eat in private, take a nap with a cool mist fan blowing on me, have soda and snacks delivered to me, have my own snorkel gear and mats waiting for me, priority tender, jeep pickup/drop-off, have my own shower, and not have to worry about NOT having all the above. Don't get me wrong, a day without a cabana beats any day here in Cincinnati! :D However, if I am there for 8 hours, I might as well make it the best I can.

I might also say we don't drink alcohol either so we don't have to worry about DOD's and night caps piled up on our S&S either so that is another reason why we can do it.

I think this string is definitely selling me on the cabana. I am wondering how the priority tendering works. Is it basically that anyone who rents a cabana gets off the boat first?

We booked in Oct 2011 for our Oct 2012 cruise. I read on another thread that someone said 11 months out, but that was not the case with us. They have always booked so fast we always book it at the time of the cruise booking. Why don't you call carnival and ask them. I'd hate to find out they were all booked.

Can someone tell me when the cabanas become available for booking for HMC? We are way early till our cruise next May, but I want to know when to expect them to show up on the excursions page.

Cabanas are definitely the best way to go; a place to have your stuff and some privacy for your private Oasis for the day.

We have number 15 reserved for our upcoming cruise in August - yes you can pre-pick your cabana......

I'm looking to book a cabana for my cruise in November. The price is steep, but I can't take too much sun. Not only do I get sunburn, I also develop a rash on my skin. As for my BF he's not a beach person and he can't take the heat. So this will be the best spent $200 dollars for us. :)

Cabanas are definitely the best way to go; a place to have your stuff and some privacy for your private Oasis for the day.

We have number 15 reserved for our upcoming cruise in August - yes you can pre-pick your cabana......

Are you sure you have it !!!???? I have not found a way you can do that. If you really do HOW did you do it. Please share w/us. Thanks, Marla

I would like to know this as well.

No, you can't pre-pick your cabana. You can *reserve* it and (have to) pay for it prior to your cruse, but you can't reserve a specific number cabana until you have actually boarded the ship and make it down to the excursion desk. Sorry! :(

No, you can't pre-pick your cabana. You can *reserve* it and (have to) pay for it prior to your cruse, but you can't reserve a specific number cabana until you have actually boarded the ship and make it down to the excursion desk. Sorry! :(

Yeah you can - have done it about 5 times...........you pay for it and reserve it and then you can select it!

So SORRY back at ya! :p I really hate when people are so rude on here.....

Below is the email that we did receive for our upcoming cruise!

Good Afternoon Debi.

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines and giving us the opportunity to be of assistance to you.

We can certainly reserve a cabana for you on Half Moon Cay. Cabana number 15 is the last one along the beach and we will put that aside for you. I will forward this correspondence to the Shore Excursion team onboard the Ecstasy so please visit them at the Shore Excursion desk on the day you board the Ecstasy to pick up your ticket.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further queries

Kind Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

For everyone else - simply send an email to shoreexcursions@carnival.com and they will assist you; we have done this for several years and they have always been more than willing to help. We just give them our confirmation number, the ship and which cabana we would like - as you can see from the above post, we like the last one #15

Happy sailing

_____

Debi

For everyone else - simply send an email to shoreexcursions@carnival.com and they will assist you; we have done this for several years and they have always been more than willing to help. We just give them our confirmation number, the ship and which cabana we would like - as you can see from the above post, we like the last one #15

Happy sailing

_____

Debi

This is really good to know....thank you!

This is really good to know....thank you!

Always happy to share with fellow cruisers :)

Once we email them, we have always heard back within 24 hours

Always happy to share with fellow cruisers :)

Once we email them, we have always heard back within 24 hours

Thanks for sharing. I just sent an email. Will share when I hear back.

Karen

Archived