Half Moon Cay must do activity!!!

dvdkndy

I still have not heard anything back. :(

K922, My husband emailed last night around 7:30ish In. time. We gave them our booking # to the cruise and the booking # to the cabana rental . Plus the name of the ship and date of sailing also the day we are at HMC. I hope this helps . If you did this, I would try again. Good luck... Marla

K922, My husband emailed last night around 7:30ish In. time. We gave them our booking # to the cruise and the booking # to the cabana rental . Plus the name of the ship and date of sailing also the day we are at HMC. I hope this helps . If you did this, I would try again. Good luck... Marla

Thanks I put in all that information. Mine was sent around 7:53, but I forgot the ship name in that one. I did re-send it just in case earlier today, but still waiting. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that we are leaving in 14 days. But if I don't hear by tomorrow I will try again.

On another note...based upon this happy surprise...I'm wondering if we can use the same mechanism to pick our cabanas at Grand Turk? Any thoughts? :confused:

Yup we have done that as well :)

but shhhhhh - don't tell everyone!

K922- as long as you sent your booking number, the ship and confirmation of the cabana; I would think you'd be OK - keep us posted, fingers and toes are crossed for you :D

well it didn't work for me, I got this email back

Dear Guest,

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines.

We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Unfortunately we do not reserve cabana in advnace. The priority is only given to guest with special needs.

We would request you stop at the Shore excursion desk onboard up on arrival and we can then assist you.

If there is anything else we can do for you, Please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Ok, I sent an e-mail request to reserve a Cabana unit on Saturday evening. (7/7) BTW, I have already paid for a Cabana for our Pride cruise coming up on Nov. 4th.

This was Carnival's answer:

Oliver

Dear Guest,

Unfortunately we do not reserve cabana in advnace. The priority is only given to guest with special needs.

We would request you stop at the Shore excursion desk onboard up on arrival and we can then assist you.

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Ok, I sent an e-mail request to reserve a Cabana unit on Saturday evening. (7/7) BTW, I have already paid for a Cabana for our Pride cruise coming up on Nov. 4th.

Oliver

Dear Guest,

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

LOL we posted the same thing at the same time. Guess too many people started doing it....

Which cabana(s) do you recommend in Grand Turk and why?

Grand Turk we had cabanas 9 and 10, we like those because they are the last two and away from the bar and most of the noise but close enough to anything. We had a wonderful waitress who always came back and brought us plenty of adult beverages so we never really needed the bar.

It's also near the Flo-Rider which was hardly used but fun to watch :)

I wish I could put a picture on here but I am a bit challenged that way

LOL we posted the same thing at the same time. Guess too many people started doing it....

Oliver

Dear Guest,

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Oh NOOOoooooo - maybe wait a few days and see if they will do it then, if a bunch of people have asked maybe they are overwhelmed; the power of Cruise Critic :)

I promise you we have no special needs; unless they count the need for adult beverages :D

Thanks I put in all that information. Mine was sent around 7:53, but I forgot the ship name in that one. I did re-send it just in case earlier today, but still waiting. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that we are leaving in 14 days. But if I don't hear by tomorrow I will try again.

K922... We are cruising in 13 days, so it should not matter, or maybe there are way too many people emailing them right now. Good luck again! Marla

Seems we may have overloaded the agents..........for those not traveling in the next few weeks; I would wait a bit and try again

sorry guys, I tried to help ;)

We have not cruised the Ecstasy yet either; we are experienced cruisers....you are going to love it :D

Oh yea we can't wait to sail on our first cruise. We been planning on doing one for the longest. I just made up my mind to set the deposit to the side so I could book the cruise.

Oh thanks again, I got the cabana I wanted, and I also used a discount code so I got it for $206. Reading these boards has been really helpful too me. :D

Oh yea we can't wait to sail on our first cruise. We been planning on doing one for the longest. I just made up my mind to set the deposit to the side so I could book the cruise.

Oh thanks again, I got the cabana I wanted, and I also used a discount code so I got it for $206. Reading these boards has been really helpful too me. :D

Congrats!!! Yes these boards are wonderful, I wish it had been around when I started cruising ........

I have to admit I was skeptic of this as I have been told in the past that I had to book online and then choose when boarding. I wasn't too concerned as I am platinum and will board fairly early. I also remember the times when we couldn't book on line and I always managed to get the one I wanted. Anyway. I e-mailed around 9:00 last night and got my confirmation that they had reserved my specific cabana. Thank you for the info. That is why I like CC no matter how many times you have cruised there is always something to be learned from others.

Cabanas are definitely the best way to go; a place to have your stuff and some privacy for your private Oasis for the day.

We have number 15 reserved for our upcoming cruise in August - yes you can pre-pick your cabana......

Our favorite, too! We'll be there in Dec! :D

Well I tried a 2nd time today and got turned down again. I then responded back and asked why i see people posting that this was done for them but I was turned down. Told them I am just trying to understand the process....I got an email back with in 30 minutes saying #8 was reserved for my stay! :D

Well I tried a 2nd time today and got turned down again. I then responded back and asked why i see people posting that this was done for them but I was turned down. Told them I am just trying to understand the process....I got an email back with in 30 minutes saying #8 was reserved for my stay! :D

Yay! They definitely need to standardize the process; either allow it, or don't, but one way or the other, make sure that everyone who asks gets told the same thing!

I got a reply this morning they are holding #6 for us but i'm wondering if I should switch to 8 instead. What do you guys think? Will 6 be okay

I would have been happy with 6,7 or 8. I chose 8 because it is a little closer to the bathrooms. I am sure 6 will be fine.

Archived