Worried about 1st cruise since son's death

rotu

So sorry for your loss. It's been helpful to read this thread. I have not experienced a loss as deep as those mentioned but my upcoming cruise is making me extremely nostalgic about my grandpa who was the driving force behind cruising in our family (having cruised 20+ times during his retirement). This will be our first time cruising without him and I had been thinking how much he would have enjoyed to be at his great grand kids first cruise. Now I know I should think instead how selfless he was and how he would have wanted us to enjoy ourselves. I know this doesn't compare but just wanted to share. Hugs and God bless.

So so sorry for your loss. I lost my brother and what gets me through my trips, no matter where I go,is to bring a part of him with me. I bring a cross my Dad made me with some of my brothers ashes in it, this way he goes with me everywhere.( I hope that does not offend anyone) It makes me feel better and I beleive he is enjoying the trip as well.

I am so sorry for your loss. My first cruise was due to death of my fiancee'. My pain was very different then yours.

Please remember he will be with you in your thoughts. Please go and try to relax. It is so hard I am sure but God will help you thru. Maybe not today, tomorrow, or even next week. But he will be there for you and walk you through.

Rotu,

My family and I will be on the same cruise with you guys. As a licensed mental health professional, I commend you guys for taking this huge step in the grieving process. I know you have heard it time and time again, but time does help heal wounds. It doesn't make things "go away", but it does help lead you in the right direction.

Think about what your son would want you to do and how he would want you to feel and do it.

God bless you guys. Saying a prayer for you.

Archived