Snorkling Belize, Grand Caymen or Cozumal

ddbaab53

Have already booked excursion for Rotan and enjoyed snorkling in Grand Caymen last time we were there that we want to go again. Which of the 3 would be the best one and can you recommend a tour company to go with? Belize, Grand Caymen or Cozumel.

Thanks for the help.

Diane & Al

Have you ever thought of doing a discover dive? We did one the first week of June with Eduardo of Cozumel Sports, obviously in Cozumel and we loved it! He is a great teacher and is definitely very concerned with your safety. We highly recommend that you try discover scuba if you like to snorkel and Eduardo is really wonderful - great day!

Have already booked excursion for Rotan and enjoyed snorkling in Grand Caymen last time we were there that we want to go again. Which of the 3 would be the best one and can you recommend a tour company to go with? Belize, Grand Caymen or Cozumel.

Thanks for the help.

Diane & Al

For Cozumel Contact Chellie at Eagle Ray. A first rate operator. You'll want the 3 reef trip. The 2 reef goes only to near shore reefs. Much better experience at the off shore.

http://www.eagleraydivers.com/

http://cozumelinsider.com/

For Cozumel Contact Chellie at Eagle Ray. A first rate operator. You'll want the 3 reef trip. The 2 reef goes only to near shore reefs. Much better experience at the off shore.

http://www.eagleraydivers.com/

http://cozumelinsider.com/

Thanks for all of this info and suggestions. We will get in contact with them for more information.:)

Scuba with Alison is very good. I snorkle and husband dives. She had a guide just for me, I was the only snorkler out of 5 divers, and I never felt rushed or unwelcomed with all the divers. Have gone with Eagleray in the past. They are good, but was more impressed with Alison.

thanks for the suggestion but my husband and I both have health issues and don't think we could dive. Do you know if they offer a snorkling tour?

I'm not sure what the extent of your health issues are, but if diving is something you are interested in, it may not hurt to look into it and talk to someone about it. My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis and she was able to get certified and it is something we both enjoy doing together. A lot of dive ops out there will help. Just thought I would throw this out there. Either way I hope you have a great trip!

I'm not sure what the extent of your health issues are, but if diving is something you are interested in, it may not hurt to look into it and talk to someone about it. My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis and she was able to get certified and it is something we both enjoy doing together. A lot of dive ops out there will help. Just thought I would throw this out there. Either way I hope you have a great trip!

My husband has had 3 back surgeries and is in pain a lot of the time. Carrying the tank on his back would not be easy. He also has bad sinus problems which came to surface after he tried scuba diving in St Thomas several years ago.

Thank you to all of the suggestions. We will check into these places.:)

I too have back problems. I use a lighter tank--a 67 cu ft aluminum tank. 50 cu ft tanks are also avaailable. Most dive ops will have them. If you are somewhere where you can put on the equipment in the water, that will take most of the weight off the back. That part of the difficultys can be dealt with. The sinus issue may still be evident though!! Enjoy snorkeling or diving wherever you are able.

As far as snorkeling Belize--I always recommend using the ship trip as you must otherwise tender 4 miles into Belize City, etc. We have done a nice snorkel trip to Caye Caulker and saw nurse sharks and southern stingrays. The rum punch flowed on the way back................

I too have back problems. I use a lighter tank--a 67 cu ft aluminum tank. 50 cu ft tanks are also avaailable. Most dive ops will have them. If you are somewhere where you can put on the equipment in the water, that will take most of the weight off the back. That part of the difficultys can be dealt with. The sinus issue may still be evident though!! Enjoy snorkeling or diving wherever you are able.

As far as snorkeling Belize--I always recommend using the ship trip as you must otherwise tender 4 miles into Belize City, etc. We have done a nice snorkel trip to Caye Caulker and saw nurse sharks and southern stingrays. The rum punch flowed on the way back................

I've always done the same for snorkel trips. The boat is crowded, and it's always been a double decker. But everyone spreads out at the island.

For a change, I booked Coral Breeze Shark Ray Alley trip for my next trip. He meets up at the "terminal". My ship's in port from 8AM - 5PM and the trip is from 9AM - 2PM.

Archived