RCCL - overall food quality poll

How do you rate RCCL food overall?  

545 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate RCCL food overall?

• Food doesn't matter to me, you're asking the wrong person
    • I don't care, it's not me who's cooking!!
    • It's ok but, I feel other similar cruise lines like Carnival or NCL are better
    • It's not bad, about the same you'd expect from a catering hall at a wedding or banquet
    • It was ok before but, I have seen improvement over the past 5 year, so now I rate it "good"
    • I would rate it good to very good, not 5 star dining but still very acceptable
    • it's very good
    • it's excellent
    • best i ever had on a cruise line

Just want to conduct an overall poll about RCCL main dining room food. This is NOT meant to start the great food war debates - I want to book the new Freedom of the Seas and, am a bit gun shy because of the bad food reviews.

Back from the VOS on June 12th. The food was good, but not exceptional. We have been on 2 RCCL, 1 celebrity, and 2 Holland America cruises. This cruise in my opinion rated the lowest for food quality. For example, the steaks I ordered were cooked to perfection ( medium rare) but not much flavor. However, the lobster tails were excellent. All the soups I tried were very good - lots of flavor. I must add that the waiters and assistant waiters were great. They would tell us if something we ordered was not a good idea and suggest an alternative.

I agree, back from the June 12 sailing on VOS. The food was good, but not great or exceptional. I remembered it being better on the Rhapsody in '99. We found all breakfast breads to be hard and dry and weren't impressed with most desserts, many also dry. Most were mousse type things, etc. in the Windjammer. Sometimes, the cookies appeared to have been left in the oven just alittle too long and were hard. Cherries jubilee was just dark cherries and ice cream. Steaks we ordered were hard to cut with the butter knife and no flavor as stated above. The lobster was good and so were the shrimp. Caesar salad was always limp, as though sitting in dressing for a long time. I think it would be better to serve the dressings on the side so the lettuce doesn't get so wilted.

The food was OK and we didn't go hungry, but it wasn't as good as I remembered it on a previous RCCL cruise. I'm sure it's hard to cook for 3500+ people too!

Archived