Laundry bags

kkdleon

For those curious about the wash and fold laundry service, the bag size has not changed, and they still offer a special mid cruise. Just off the Liberty 7-day sailing and the deal was offered on Tuesday.

1 bag for $15, same day service if picked up by 10 am. I didn't realize at the time it was same day, so imagine my excitement when they knocked on our door at 4:30 pm with our clean clothes. :D

We fit the following into 1 bag, with room for probably 3-4 more shirts

5 pairs of mens shorts (2 cargo, 3 plain front), normally $4/pair

4 t-shirts, normally $2/ea

1 polo, normally $2/ea

Saving $9 or more if we had really filled it up

I officially don't understand how 3 bags of complimentary laundry on a 7 day sailing is insufficient for Platinums/Diamonds. Even on a 12 day, that much laundry fitting in the bags should cover one's needs. Not trying to start trouble, just trying to understand why all the complaints about the new complimentary laundry restrictions.:confused:

For those curious about the wash and fold laundry service, the bag size has not changed, and they still offer a special mid cruise. Just off the Liberty 7-day sailing and the deal was offered on Tuesday.

1 bag for $15, same day service if picked up by 10 am. I didn't realize at the time it was same day, so imagine my excitement when they knocked on our door at 4:30 pm with our clean clothes. :D

1 polo, normally $2/ea

I officially don't understand how 3 bags of complimentary laundry on a 7 day sailing is insufficient for Platinums/Diamonds. Even on a 12 day, that much laundry fitting in the bags should cover one's needs. Not trying to start trouble, just trying to understand why all the complaints about the new complimentary laundry restrictions.:confused:

Thanks for the post

Our next cruise on the Liberty we will be platinum and the wash and fold was the biggest thing I was looking forward to(being able to pack so much lighter and not so many baggage fees)

1 polo, normally $2/ea

Yes 3 bags on a 7 day should be sufficient.

Imagine you had 7 days vacation each year for the last 5 years and one day your employer said we have changed the vacation time and now you only get 3 days per year and they say they think that's sufficient?

Now are you going to say OK no problem or are you going to be upset?

It's human nature to get upset about something you once had and were used to taken away or scaled back no matter what it is.

Bill

YAY! I was just going to ask if this service was still being offered. We are on the Pride next week....I am guessing that they would still have the same. I hope so. I really like this service.

Yes 3 bags on a 7 day should be sufficient.

Imagine you had 7 days vacation each year for the last 5 years and one day your employer said we have changed the vacation time and now you only get 3 days per year and they say they think that's sufficient?

Now are you going to say OK no problem or are you going to be upset?

It's human nature to get upset about something you once had and were used to taken away or scaled back no matter what it is.

Bill

Bill, I assume you are Platinum, and you are a good person to have this discussion with.

I read what you are saying but we are talking about laundry. Yes it is being scaled back, but does any one person need 15 pairs of shorts (or 7 pairs of pants, equivalent) and 15 shirts washed on a 7 day sailing, or a 12 day for that matter? Maybe the problem for some is the word "unlimited" now "3"?

What I'm saying is after filling a bag (partially), I don't understand the problem with the laundry allotment. If you need to send out clothes to wear while on the cruise, fill the bag and send it every other day. If you are complaining because you used to have Carnival do all of your laundry so you only went home with clean clothes, I think you might have been taking advantage of the offer, and you're unhappy because they are telling you you can't anymore.

I honestly believe that for the average cruiser, 3 bags is more than sufficient, even if you had 1-2 nights pre-cruise/post-cruise. That's just my opinion as a lowly Gold.

1 polo, normally $2/ea

After thinking about it realized 3 bags per person is plenty.

Since it is plenty why in the world do they think it was necessary to restrict us to 3 bags each?

Makes their rationale for doing this (in which they said they could not keep up with current platinum laundry) look ridiculous.

Since it is plenty why in the world do they think it was necessary to restrict us to 3 bags each?

Makes their rationale for doing this (in which they said they could not keep up with current platinum laundry) look ridiculous.

Maybe because people who qualified for the service were offering the service to family members who didn't qualify? Once laundry is in the bag, cabin stewards have no idea what's in there. Once bags are at the cleaners, they have no idea who is in the cabin. If restricted to 3 bags, the offers to non-qualifieds goes down. They could have been sending multiple bags every day.

Other reason to restrict, some on here have posted that they laundered their pre-cruise clothes with this service. If restricted to 3 bags, qualifieds are going to pay more attention to what they are taking on board, and what they are sending. Even starting with dirty laundry on a 7 day sail, you could only pack in airline carry on and still leave the ship with clean clothes.

I believe they put a number on it to keep the perk pure, if you will.

Maybe because people who qualified for the service were offering the service to family members who didn't qualify? Once laundry is in the bag, cabin stewards have no idea what's in there. Once bags are at the cleaners, they have no idea who is in the cabin. If restricted to 3 bags, the offers to non-qualifieds goes down. They could have been sending multiple bags every day.

Other reason to restrict, some on here have posted that they laundered their pre-cruise clothes with this service. If restricted to 3 bags, qualifieds are going to pay more attention to what they are taking on board, and what they are sending. Even starting with dirty laundry on a 7 day sail, you could only pack in airline carry on and still leave the ship with clean clothes.

I believe they put a number on it to keep the perk pure, if you will.

Yes I am Platinum and 3 bags is plenty. We only use it twice a week so no big deal to me.

I was not taking advantage of any thing on my cruises and didn't have our clothes cleaned so we didn't have laundry when we got home nor did we get on the ship with a load of dirty clothes to be cleaned.

AS JH stated each Plat pax gets 3 bags so we would have 6 for the week anyway.

If and when I cruise CCL again we'll probably use the laundry about times again.

I was just answering the question about your question, why people are upset about it being changed to 3.

Just saying people got upset because they were losing something they previously had. I'm sure everybody who is Plat will survive.:)

Just like Stu we all had a knee jerk reaction to the announcement and after calming down and reevaluating all is good in Funville for most.:)

Bill

1 polo, normally $2/ea

It doesn't bother me that Carnival limited Platinum to 3 bags a cruise. On our longest cruise (9 day), we only sent out 1 bag which included 9 shirts, a pair of shorts, socks and underwear. The bag was fully packed.

Even on a 7 day cruise, one can still have their clothes laundered every other day. If people are so concerned about only 3 bags of laundry not being enough, then an easy solution is to bring more clothes.

Normally between DW and I we send out laundry every other day.

We will take a couple of days to get to the ship but will send out those dirty clothes to be washed figuring we will be wearing them again on the ship.

In any case 4-5 bags for the two of us over an 8 day cruise will work fine.

It doesn't bother me that Carnival limited Platinum to 3 bags a cruise. On our longest cruise (9 day), we only sent out 1 bag which included 9 shirts, a pair of shorts, socks and underwear. The bag was fully packed.

Even on a 7 day cruise, one can still have their clothes laundered every other day. If people are so concerned about only 3 bags of laundry not being enough, then an easy solution is to bring more clothes.

Should Carnival then offer as a Platinum perk the increased baggage fees the passengers will have?

Just back from a 7-day cruise on Carnival Pride. We had 4 Platinum cruisers and 1 first-time cruiser (my nephew). All told, we sent out a total of 5 bags of laundry for the week - 3 bags on the second sea day, 2 bags on the last port day. (We actually could have made it through the end of the cruise without doing laundry, but the boys were complaining that their cabin was starting to smell. It really would have helped if they hadn't been putting wet clothes in the dirty laundry pile.:rolleyes:)

I ended up bringing home with me the Daily Laundry Special sheet given to us on our Exstacy Cruise last April, as I wanted something to refer to when we went on our August trip. With 2 kids and 8 days at Disney after our 5 day cruise we either have to pack heavy for the entire trip, or pack smart and do laundry.

Here's what I have:

Wash and fold 1 standard laundry bag (same day sevrice) $15.00

Wash and fold 5 standard laundry bags (same day sevrice) $50.00

Press only 12 items (Next Day sevrvice) $20.00

Press only 24 items (Next Day sevrvice) $30.00

(Not available on the day prior to debarkation)

Those laundry bags tear too easily and you can't that many shirts and pants in them.

I find it interesting I can fit more into a hotel plastic laundry bag than Carnival's bigger paper laundry bag.

they tear easy im sure to prevent over stuffing.They are paper bags

I worried about tearing until I folded the items together and slid them in. No problems with lumps or parts sticking out. I bet some of the more experienced users of the service have good tips and techniques to avoid tearing.

The most difficult part of the service was getting a bag from our steward. He was a real ninja this time, and we rarely encountered him, even in other staterooms. I had to chase down another steward to find him, and that one told me I must ave overlooked them in our cabin. We had neither laundry slips or bags anywhere in our cabin, and when he came to our door he only had 1 bag and 2 slips. Good thing we didn't need more than 1 bag though. He disappeared again pretty quickly.

For the passengers who abuse the privilege.

Those laundry bags tear too easily and you can't that many shirts and pants in them.

I find it interesting I can fit more into a hotel plastic laundry bag than Carnival's bigger paper laundry bag.

I can fit a lot in one bag. It always comes back in two bags.

Packing tape quickly and effectively fixes any rips. Also keeps gorillas from ripping luggage tags off at embarkation and debarkation.

Should Carnival then offer as a Platinum perk the increased baggage fees the passengers will have?

Please...that just sounds cheap. Even more reasons to lure new cruisers that would be willing to pay for services rather than maintain the current that want everything except the bill.

Have never done laundry on a ship...it's really not that complicated to bring what you want to wear.

Please...that just sounds cheap. Even more reasons to lure new cruisers that would be willing to pay for services rather than maintain the current that want everything except the bill.

Have never done laundry on a ship...it's really not that complicated to bring what you want to wear.

Something for you to think about and perhaps understand why platinum laundry is a great perk for us.

DW had rotator cuff surgery and is limited to what she can carry. As a result we take our luggage in one large suitcase and laundry allows us to do this with me doing the heavy lifting.

Something for you to think about and perhaps understand why platinum laundry is a great perk for us.

DW had rotator cuff surgery and is limited to what she can carry. As a result we take our luggage in one large suitcase and laundry allows us to do this with me doing the heavy lifting.

Really? ...skycap, porters, bellmen... get connecting luggage...last year I brought 150 pounds of baggage (3 pieces checked plus a carryon) to Aruba for 2 week vacation...on my own.

Really? ...skycap, porters, bellmen... get connecting luggage...last year I brought 150 pounds of baggage (3 pieces checked plus a carryon) to Aruba for 2 week vacation...on my own.

So at local US airline luggage rates you would have spent several hundred dollars to transport your wardrobe rather than doing laundry. Heck, I would just go use Carnivals $3 washer and dryers before I would do that. I'm looking forward to the laundry service but only for undies, pajamas and bathing suits. I probably won't trust any of my regular clothing to the hot water and hot dryers.