Just back from Navigator

I'm looking forward to the Navigator coming to Galveston in late 2013. It has a rather long dry dock (about 4 weeks I think) in January, 2014, when I think it will get a Park Cafe (gotta try the roast beef sandwiches) among other things.

Those changes are coming a couple months earlier than you think. Or so it is said here.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf?cid=int_0082

Gina

Was not sure about what to do in crete but the bus sounds great.

how calm were the seas?

Crete also has wonderful beaches if you like that. Chania Town was really lovely.

The seas were perfectly calm when we were there.

Thanks for your report. We are on Navigator in March 2013 in a GS and can't wait. We are sailing out of New Orleans. This is a second GS and we love the suite life. Glad you had a good trip and apprecaite the report.

Do they still leave pool/beach towels in the cabin for suite guests, or do you have to check them out now?

bbbearden - Yes pool towels are provided for suite guests - two per person. Also we had chocolates every night and towel animals three times last week.

NKelly14 - I have the Compasses and will try to email them to you later today.

Monk86 - Day 1 Variety show with acrobats, etc - Day 2 The London Quartet - Day 3 Now and Forever, a Broadway show featuring Mamma Mia and The Producers etc - Day 4 Ice Spectacular and Jazz and Big Band dancing - Day 5 Variety Show - Day - Day 6 The Backbeat Beatles (fantastic) - Day 7 Ballroom Fever.

Got back yesterday after another fantastic cruise. The ship was amazing as always and the staff just couldn't do enough to please. One thing that struck me this time is that over 50% of passengers were Italian which meant that everything was geared up for them, the music, entertainment almost all was Italian. I thought we were on a Costa ship!

We had a GS on deck 10 (1556) whcih was directly under the solarium. Avoid this suite if you can, although the room itself was great as always, we were woken each morning between 4 and 5 by the crew moving the sunbeds which scraped on the tiled floor. Not something you want on vacation.

One new thing brought in this week by RCI is that when you pre-pay your gratuities, you used to get your envelopes and gratuity slips for stateroom attendant, waiter, head waiter etc delivered to your room. When we enquired why we didn't get them this time, we were told that this has now stopped and all gratuities are put into the pot and split between the crew. I don't have a problem with this but it seemed embarrassing on the last night when you didn't have your envelopes to dish out, although we always give extra anyway.

Any questions about last week just ask and I will answer if I can.

Hi, Sorry top hear of your disappointment with noise etc.. but we stayed in the exact same GS last Oct, I'm a very light sleeper, has to be quiet and dark for me to get to sleep and I was never woken once. Maybe something has changed, maybe they moved beds into a new area? but thank you for this info, as we were going to book same cabin again later this year.

Okay now daughter has a question...can she get Strawberry Daquarii in the CL lounge?

She is currently complaining that she cant take her hair straighteners and will do a "Monica"..friends episode...all week.

Told her to wear a hat...she is not feeling it at the moment, LOL

Okay now daughter has a question...can she get Strawberry Daquarii in the CL lounge?

She is currently complaining that she cant take her hair straighteners and will do a "Monica"..friends episode...all week.

Told her to wear a hat...she is not feeling it at the moment, LOL

I've always taken my straightening iron. It's clothes irons that can't be taken.

Generally speaking, strawberry daiquiris aren't available in any concierge lounge. But you can buy her one at some of the bars. That's what I'd do.

I've always taken my straightening iron. It's clothes irons that can't be taken.

Generally speaking, strawberry daiquiris aren't available in any concierge lounge. But you can buy her one at some of the bars. That's what I'd do.

It says on RCI website (under what not to pack) that hair straighteners are not allowed, along with irons etc. Confused now as she will get upset if they are confiscated.

May have to get her to pay for her own bar bill.

Archived