How do i check on cruise price drops?

I use Carnival's Fareviewer. You can also do a mock booking or check on any TA website as all fares should be posted the same. Be sure to compare exact same category or higher. I booked a year in advance at a great rate and still found a small price drop on both of our Dec. cruises about 6 months out.

AS PP posted~

One of the easiest ways is the fareviewer~ http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/ as it shows the breakdown of categories~ just fill out all info that pertains to you~

or you can do a mock booking on carnival.com or any other TA site~

You must be booked Early saver to get rate reductions after final payment~ and you must know what category you are booked in ie: 4A, 6B, 8C...etc...

Maybe this is a good place to find someone that can confirm what I am being told . . .

I was tracking price drops for a cruise we booked thru TA as Early Saver and when comparing back and forth noticed that the "taxes" thru TA were almost double what "gov't fees/taxes" were showing on carnival.com.

TA said this was because "port fees" thru TA are shown in the "taxes" line but are part of the cabin fee (before taxes) on carnival.com.

Does this sound right to you experts? :)

The final price on carnival.com is still slightly higher than our TA final price, so no overall drop, but was just wondering if anyone else had ran into this taxes thing?

Archived