Penthouse Suites PH1/PH2

cruiserbunny

Can anyone advise whether there is an actual dining table in the penthouse suites for in-suite dining or just the low coffee table and chairs?

Thanks for any information.

It is a small circular coffee table - two arm-type chairs. The butler will set it up for dining and will serve in courses, taking away the empty dishes.

We found it to be very agreeable, if you wished to stay in.....

Cruiserbunny-

We looked at the pictures online, and couldn't picture ourselves eating off of such a low table. We asked our butler (first thing) to bring in a full sized table (like a table for 2 in the restaurants) which he did.

When we weren't eating off it, the table stood against the wall against the mirrored wall.

When we were eating off of it, the butler used the coffee table to serve from.

It worked out wonderfully-

Enjoy your cruise-

Stan & Jim

I was in a Penthouse suite on NCL's Sky on one trip. It had a table which could be raised or lowered to be used as a dinner table or coffee table. Wonder why it isn't used more?

There is a low cocktail table and there is also a round occasional table. Neither are really adequate for dining. I guess the butler you get depends on the luck of the draw. Ours was good for some things and now for others. He certainly was not helpful for dining in our room [which was why we took a PH1 to begin with].

If you are very lucky your butler will bring in a dining table on wheels and serve you. Ours didn't, even though we generously tipped him extra at the beginning of our trip. Perhaps we should have waited until the end.

Marsha

I was in a Penthouse suite on NCL's Sky on one trip. It had a table which could be raised or lowered to be used as a dinner table or coffee table. Wonder why it isn't used more?

Digby,

We had a table like that in our minisuite on HAL's Maasdam. I also thought it was a great idea and wondered why it wasn't used more.

Jane

The penthouses were all recently redecorated. For anyone that's familiar with Silversea, the penthouses now have beautiful new chairs and glass tables that are remarkably similar. Leaps and bounds above what they had, very comfortable and quite stylish to boot!

There is a low cocktail table and there is also a round occasional table. Neither are really adequate for dining. Marsha

We had one small round table in our PH last December. There was also a smaller one on the verandah, but neither would be very suitable for dining.

table.jpg.44bd499d8a23e35174b41a827381815a.jpg

On our South America cruise, Suite 8005, they brought in a table for our dinner. It was lovely. When we were finished, they retrieved it. They will assist in anyway they can in that respect, but what we had was great. We, too, had wondered where they would put our dinner. Not a problem.......

On our South America cruise, Suite 8005, they brought in a table for our dinner. It was lovely. When we were finished, they retrieved it. They will assist in anyway they can in that respect, but what we had was great. We, too, had wondered where they would put our dinner. Not a problem.......

we are considering SA 2006. What was sq ft of the PH suites?

Any other tips for this cruise. Never sailed this line did you like it?

Regards

milzey

john mills

Scottsdale

If I recall correctly, Seabourn used similar adjustable tables that worked as both a coffee table during the day and a dining table in the evenings - much easier to eat off of than Oceania's low tables (I didn't even consider asking the steward for a normal table!). Perhaps these adjustable tables is something Oceania can look into when refitting any of their three vessels.

we are considering SA 2006. What was sq ft of the PH suites?

Any other tips for this cruise. Never sailed this line did you like it?

milzey@aol.com

i dont know how to work this board so this may come over more than once

thanks

If you click on this link it will take you to Oceania's website and info on the penthouse room and more.

http://*****.com/83y57

Archived