Classic Venice Bars Tour

billrco90278

Rick Steves recommends the Classic Venice Bars Tour that is conducted by Alessandro Schezzini. We have an overnight in Venice and it sounds like fun and something out of the ordinary. Has anybody out there done it?

The idea sounds good. I wouldn't like it if they were all the expensive, touristy bars like Harry's Bar, though. I'm happy to look at those places from the outside, and sip my wine and munch my cicchetti in the cheaper, less-famous places!

Not sure if this will get removed but for info purposes only..

as this tour really appeals to us I did a search and this appears to be the most reasonably priced and one of the few actually organized Bacari Tours

http://www.getyourguide.com/venice/cicchetti-dishes-of-venice-wine-bar-small-group-tour-t9449/

All the other articles/posts were DIY

couldnt find the first one mentioned at all.

Did anyone else?

We did the tour with Alessandro in 2005. He met us on the Rialto bridge holding a copy of Rick Steves book.We went to several small bars, one of which was the oldest bar in Venice. We were very satisfied with the tour.

Not sure if this will get removed but for info purposes only..

as this tour really appeals to us I did a search and this appears to be the most reasonably priced and one of the few actually organized Bacari Tours

http://www.getyourguide.com/venice/cicchetti-dishes-of-venice-wine-bar-small-group-tour-t9449/

All the other articles/posts were DIY

couldnt find the first one mentioned at all.

Did anyone else?

We're looking for something similar and I came upon this site during my search. I think it could be the one you're looking for - mentions Rick Steves guide. http://www.schezzini.it/

Rick Steves recommends the Classic Venice Bars Tour that is conducted by Alessandro Schezzini. We have an overnight in Venice and it sounds like fun and something out of the ordinary. Has anybody out there done it?

We did the tour with Alessandro in October, 30 euros each. Essentially what he does is bring to you around to a bunch of bars where you sit down together and eat the appetizers and drink the wine. It's great if you are timid about venturing into small local bars on your own. It's not so great if you are a wine affectionado because what you're served is house wine out of a carafe, mostly reds. Granted that it's all very good but if you wanted to learn more about Italian wine varieties you're not going to learn anything here. Frankly, I didn't think the tour lived up to the hype.

Archived