Location of rooms~Carnival Valor. Advice

HeatherJA

I am looking forward to booking our first cruise as a family (DH and I cruised Princess to Alaska, but didn't have to plan trip or pay~woohoo!). We're sailing to the Southern Caribbean on Carnival Valor. Anyway, traveling with a teenaged girl and preteen son, we figure it'd be smart to book two rooms. We'd like to have adjacent rooms, or rooms across from one another. So far, I've found those selections to be either on the lowest deck, the deck underneath the lobby, or rooms on decks with public areas (such as the pools), deck 8. Deck 8 rooms are in the front of the ship with no public areas above or below. Which would be best in terms of noise? I'm not so much concerned with seasickness~we'll be loaded down with Bonine just in case!

Here is an alternative.....On Decks 6 & 7 of the Conquest Class (Valor is this class), there are mid-ship interior rooms that are 1As (6393, 7345). There is also one of these on deck 8 but being under Lido can be noisy.

The 1A rooms (if available) are typically 1 upper bunk and 1 lower bed. However, these particular rooms are 2 twin beds on the floor. 1A pricing is less than 4A interior pricing.

You could book a balcony across the hall for you and your spouse and put the kids in the 1A across the hall. The 'cheaper' 1A may make a balcony more affordable for you.

I have stayed with my teen daughter in both of these 1As on other ships (Conquest, Glory, Freedom) and love the location. I have pictures posted on cruiselinerooms(dot)com for Conquest (6393) and Glory (7345) (Freedom 7345 is same as Glory 7345). Good luck!!

Archived