Celebrities Riverboat Discovery tour

kr9457

I've noticed on some post people mention that donuts and coffee were included. Others say a lunce buffet was included. Anyone who took this with Celebrity cruisetour know what they include.

Since we live in Fairbanks we have taken the Riverboat Discovery a number of times. While I can't answer your question as to what is included in a specific tour, I can offer a little clarification.

The Riverboat Discovery is owned by a local family. It is a large operation. A great number of the cruise tours, motor coach tours and independent travelers in Fairbanks take a Riverboat Discovery morning or afternoon trip. The operation is large enough that frequently both Discovery II and III are taken out. On the paddlewheelers complimentary coffee and donuts are served as part of the Riverboat Discovery experience. Complementary coffee and donuts will be available whether you are on a cruise tour or independent traveler.

Since a number of the tour operators were having problems providing a timely lunch between morning and afternoon tours recently (if my memory is correct, last summer) the family who owns the Riverboat Discovery began of offer a buffet lunch at the dock facility (think very large gift shop). I don't know whether the Celebrity cruise tour includes this lunch.

Archived