Shuttle bus in Le Havre

katrus-83

You don't need the shuttle bus in le harve, as it is only a five minute walk to town, when we were there last month it was quicker to walk than to wait for the shuttle bus

Seven tenths of the world is covered in sea - that's a lot of cruising to do!

Le Havre is a pretty boring town, all precast concrete rebuild. The shuttle bus takes you into the centre but also has a stop at a large shopping centre. The drivers don't admit to speaking English and are no help in telling you where you are when you get off.

Get a map and try and work it out as you travel on the shuttle then you will save yourself a lot of walking, there is a road train trundling around but I didn't spot where you could get on it!

Strange place, especially on a Sunday!

Thanks for your replys.

To be honest we wanted to go into Honfleur in the morning and be back on board early afternoon but the P&O excursion leaves at 08:00 which is just too early. The local buses seem to be few and far between and taxis seem to be really expensive. We haven't been to Le Havre before but from what I've been able to find out it seems that the French haven't made much of an effort to help independent cruisers get around. Like I say though I haven't been before so maybe somebody could tell me if there are other ways of making our way to Honfleur.

We were planning on visiting Honfleur while we were there too, but it being a Sunday the bus wasn't an option. Taxis were incredibly expensive and the only option would have been the P&O tour but it was too constricting for our requirements.

We were a bit tired from the night before and in the event we were glad we hadn't arranged anything for Honfleur, but as I said before, Le Havre was anything but inspiring!

Archived