Cruising and Common Courtesy

pinkboots

I sometimes think cruiselines need to hire some former New York cops and be given some freedom to take care of people like these. Kicking them off at the next port would be appropriate. Anyway, thank God these kind of passengers are few and far between.

On our last cruise, the head of security was a former NY city cop. I wouldn't mess with the Nepalese Ghurka secuity guards on most cruise ships either. They are in demand by every paramilitary force in the world. They may be small, but you don't want to tangle with them.

What they say; common courtesy is not so common? I too have not once been given any reason to dislike a crew member but have observed the "me first" mentality pop up from fellow passengers. Last month sailing frim Miami, a crew member, dripping in sweat was pulling the fully loaded luggage cart down the hall delivering bags to the cabins. My son and I step to the side at one of the aisles to the elevators to allow the crew member clear passage. Another couple ignored the crew member and continued down the hallway. Being THE courteous one, the crew member stopped the cart and positioned it as close ho the wall as possible so the guests could safely and easily pass. The couple did not even acknowledge the crew member, let alone offer a thank you. The crew member got the cart rolling again and when he passed my son and I he smiled and thanked us.

I don't get it. I suppose that same couple would have complained that the crew member was rude if he had not yielded to them in the hallway.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Archived