majesty deck 3 inside

going on the 10th aug cant wait frist timers anyone stayed on this deck any info much appreciated ,i know only sleeping and getting changed there so dont expect the ritz

We stayed in a cabin midships Deck 4 (pre-paid to book a specific cabin) which was quiet and no probs other than it was really, really small. Once we'd got settled though we were ok but I wouldn't choose to go again into a standard double on Majesty - but as I said we managed. If you have a standard 'plus' (can sleep 3/4 people with drop-down bunks) there is significantly more room though.

Are you definitely on Deck 3 though? Have you booked a cabin? If not, just check your booking isn't for 'Deck 3/4' in which case you could be allocated anywhere and could end up at the stern of Deck 4 which is horrendous in terms of noise/vibration. I've never heard the likes of it on any of the other Thomson ships - and they can have well documented issues in some areas. We tend to 'walk' the decks to try to ascertain noisy areas for future reference and this area on Majesty is a problem!

So my advice to you would be if there is any possibility of you being allocated a cabin in the stern of Deck 4 - pay £39 to book a specific cabin. It's not worth spoiling your holiday for the sake of £39 imo.

But we did have a really great holiday - food we thought was very good, service excellent and itinerary fantastic. Enjoy! :)

rang thomson they said cabins allocated on arrival so going to book like you advised think ived looked at deck plan correctly could you please advise looking at cabins 3032 3034 3036 3129 3131 3133 3043 on deck 3 or on deck 4 4042-4052 or 4139 4141

rang thomson they said cabins allocated on arrival so going to book like you advised think ived looked at deck plan correctly could you please advise looking at cabins 3032 3034 3036 3129 3131 3133 3043 on deck 3 or on deck 4 4042-4052 or 4139 4141

We had 4050 no probs - other than space but as I said, once we were 'in' we were fine - you just have to agree to move in unison at times! :D It was a quiet cabin (good sound insulation compared with other Thomson ships) except for the aircon which is probably the same in all cabins - it was just background noise but not a problem to us. The beds were quite comfy (mattress 'bottomed out' a bit if you plonked yourself down) but were comfy enough for sleeping - we slept well.

The cabins you highlight look as though they'd be ok to me - that was the area we were in and I didn't hear of any problems or see letters relating to noise complaints sticking out of the doors as we did in the stern of Deck 4.

I think you are very wise to make sure you will avoid the noisy area. Just a thought, don't know what the implications of the 'L' shaped layout of cabins 4042 and 4139 would be in terms of better or worse floor space (although I can't imagine it could be any less than we had) but you can't have your beds arranged as a double in those two. By the way when you ring up to book, ask about having it made up as a double at the time of booking if that's what you want.

The cabins you mentioned on Deck 3 look as though they'd be ok too - also the ones under where we were. We thought Deck 3 seemed pretty quiet in this area when we looked around.

Hope you get one where you are hoping to. I should ring asap as others may be thinking the same thing!!! :D ;)

Hi, looking to book the Majesty for September, think we're going to pre-book our cabin. Going for 3/4 inside, and was wondering how much storage space there is in the smallest cabins? Read that there was just one hanging wardrobe and a few drawers, as we're going for 2 weeks, doubt this will be enough for all our stuff. Think if we upgrade to an inside plus we'll get another hanging wardrobe is that correct?

Thanks

hi, looking to book the majesty for september, think we're going to pre-book our cabin. Going for 3/4 inside, and was wondering how much storage space there is in the smallest cabins? Read that there was just one hanging wardrobe and a few drawers, as we're going for 2 weeks, doubt this will be enough for all our stuff. Think if we upgrade to an inside plus we'll get another hanging wardrobe is that correct?

Thanks

Not very good at this but I think I've managed to do an attachment of the wardrobe - that was it in a standard double!

Majesty-1.jpg.e6e74ca8062b0745fafd6acb3c91df08.jpg

It was minute and my heart sank when I saw it but with patience, and hanging several things on each hanger we did manage to hang everything up. (The cabin steward will find you some extra hangers if you need them but I took half a dozen skirt hangers which I found very useful)

This is the size of the cabin: en-suite on the right as you enter the cabin, wardrobe (mirrored doors) past the en-suite then the bed. On the left, dressing table opposite wardrobe then the bed with small chest between - the only drawers apart from those in the wardrobe. We eventually moved the chair to the side of the dressing table so we could put one case which wouldn't go under the bed inside the dressing table knee-hole.

Majesty-16.jpg.c85f4121c312fdde9e11931a9aacc97e.jpg

This is a four berth on change-over day (so room not made up but it will give you an idea - you can see the extra chest between the beds which makes for far more floor space.) Not sure about the wardrobes but believe others have posted that you do get more width than the doubles (couldn't be much less!) and if you notice there is a chest between the end of the bed and opposite the dressing table and it looks as though the ensuite and wardrobe are across from one another so the wardrobe should be approx the length of the ensuite which would be bigger than the one we had.

Majesty-76.jpg.c85d8e41042e03976b9dd4474f75eb82.jpg

Hope these help.

Thanks so much kruzseeka, that's a great help. Think we will upgrade to inside plus, I don't think I'd manage to squeeze everything into the one wardrobe, it would be ok for a week but as you say you'd have to double everything up on the hangers.

Thanks again, I'm sure alot of others will benefit from your help too

Kruzseeka it looks as if you would have had more room if they had put you in the linen cupboard!!! :eek:;).

I think all these cabins should definitely be on the cabins to avoid list.

Yes - these aren't good enough imo - and they are all the same standard cabins on whichever deck! :eek: As you probably know, as I've often mentioned it, we're happy enough as a rule with the basic inside double but those on Majesty were just cut so fine it really made me feel it was a very second-rate experience.

By comparison the Dream, Celebration and Spirit standard doubles we find very acceptable. When you think that the Celebration equivalent cabin is about 50% bigger -then there is significantly more floor space as the beds take up the same amount of room in both Majesty and Celebration cabins! So most of the extra space is room to move around and of course you get loads of storage too - usually three 3-drawer chests (not in the wardrobe either!!) and two wardrobes - both bigger than the one on Majesty.

I have never felt the need to up-grade on the other ships preferring to put the extra to our next cruise (although if money were no object I'd happily go for more deluxe cabins) but on Majesty it was almost insulting to expect people to manage in these tiny cabins - especially if you'd gone for two weeks. It's the only cabin we've ever had when we were unable to stow both cases under the bed too - so one was out in the room taking up even more of the very limited space.

If we were to ever go on Majesty again, we'd probably up-grade to a larger cabin - but then that has to be factored into the overall cost and depending on the lead prices may make it a less attractive proposition as compared with the other Thomson ships and other cruise lines. :(

Yes - these aren't good enough imo - and they are all the same standard cabins on whichever deck! :eek: As you probably know, as I've often mentioned it, we're happy enough as a rule with the basic inside double but those on Majesty were just cut so fine it really made me feel it was a very second-rate experience.

By comparison the Dream, Celebration and Spirit standard doubles we find very acceptable. When you think that the Celebration equivalent cabin is about 50% bigger -then there is significantly more floor space as the beds take up the same amount of room in both Majesty and Celebration cabins! So most of the extra space is room to move around and of course you get loads of storage too - usually three 3-drawer chests (not in the wardrobe either!!) and two wardrobes - both bigger than the one on Majesty.

I have never felt the need to up-grade on the other ships preferring to put the extra to our next cruise (although if money were no object I'd happily go for more deluxe cabins) but on Majesty it was almost insulting to expect people to manage in these tiny cabins - especially if you'd gone for two weeks. It's the only cabin we've ever had when we were unable to stow both cases under the bed too - so one was out in the room taking up even more of the very limited space.

If we were to ever go on Majesty again, we'd probably up-grade to a larger cabin - but then that has to be factored into the overall cost and depending on the lead prices may make it a less attractive proposition as compared with the other Thomson ships and other cruise lines. :(

Those Majesty standard insides look about right for a single :(

They are just over 107 sq ft, does anyone remember how big a Destiny standard inside was?

I notice Dream cabins are 20% bigger and Spirit/Celebration 30%. :eek:

They are just over 107 sq ft, does anyone remember how big a Destiny standard inside was?

I've got an old brochure and it says between 10 and 15m2 but looking at the deck plan I think most must be 15 with just a few at the front smaller

You set me wondering Dave.............

From the brochure and a bit of research this is what I've found:

Ship......... Tonnage.... Length...Beam...Cabins.....Standard doubles

Dream............55K.........243.........32.......753.........12 -13m

Celebration.... 34K........ 215........ 27.......625........ 13 -16m

Destiny.......... 37K........ 214........ 28...... 725.........10 -15m

Majesty......... 41K........ 207........ 28........732.........10 -15m

That throws up some interesting comparisons;

First of all every standard double we saw on changeover day on Majesty was as small as ours which must be the 10sq.m. ones. The 15sq.m. quoted can only relate to a very few as we did a pretty comprehensive walk round on our middle day and all the standard doubles on whichever deck were like ours. Perhaps the 15 relates to a handful of disabled cabins or one or two different shaped ones at the end of sections/by staircases or wherever there is an unusual lay-out and not the regular rows of identical cabins.

Destiny are quoted with the same areas but the cabins we had on Destiny had one bed which pushed under in the day-time to make a sofa providing somewhere to sit and freeing up a more floor space (perhaps an extra foot to eighteen inches for the length of the bed equating to an extra square metre) so that gives more manoeuvre-space.

Celebration/Spirit at 13-15 sq. do seem a great deal more spacious as the minimum of an extra 3sq.m becomes primarily more floor space as of course the beds take up the same room (although there are a couple of chests and extra wardrobe in there but the wardrobes opposite the en-suites become part of the 'corridor space' between the door and the main body of the cabin so don't encroach on your moving around space.)

Majesty is shorter in length than C/S which surprised me especially since she has over 100 more cabins - on that basis the smallest in the fleet!!

Majesty's pax load and number of cabins are closest to Dream but there is quite a considerable difference in length - almost 20%. No wonder Majesty seems squashed in some areas!

It does seem as if Majesty is more suited to its original purpose i.e. a ferry. Those cabins would be perfectly adequate for one or two nights but not for a fortnights holiday.

The solution could be to turn three cabins into two and therefore having decent cabins and less people to fit into the dinning areas, but I can't see this happening in a hurry :).

Hi does anyone know if the standard cabins are the same size on deck 8 .there are some photos of deck 8 or 9 standard cabins on the Thomson web page that look bigger . Thanks....

There are different categories of double on deck 8 (standard outside and outside plus). The standard certainly look very small as we had a peek during changeover day. Doing a dummy booking the standard outside supplement is £168 and the outside plus is £252. This year there are also cabins that are outside but sold as standard inside because they are both very small and have a totally obstructed view. I don't know if that will be the same next year.

It does seem as if Majesty is more suited to its original purpose i.e. a ferry. Those cabins would be perfectly adequate for one or two nights but not for a fortnights holiday.

The solution could be to turn three cabins into two and therefore having decent cabins and less people to fit into the dinning areas, but I can't see this happening in a hurry :).

Wikipedia says it was designed with short cruises in mind, no mention of a ferry.

You can be sure that there will be no work done on the cabins as the ship is too old anyway and less pasengers means less revenue.

Wikipedia says it was designed with short cruises in mind, no mention of a ferry.

You can be sure that there will be no work done on the cabins as the ship is too old anyway and less pasengers means less revenue.

You see Dave I know nothing about these things :o, but I must have read it on here or else I wouldn't have known. (does that make sense????)

However, splitting hairs I suppose a one or two night ferry journey could be classed as a short cruise!!

You see Dave I know nothing about these things :o, but I must have read it on here or else I wouldn't have known. (does that make sense????)

However, splitting hairs I suppose a one or two night ferry journey could be classed as a short cruise!!

Point taken!

I suppose those small cabins might be OK for 2 or 3 days.

Now Escape was built as a ferry

We were originally booked on Destiny for two weeks kicking off on the 1st September. We are now, for better or worse on Majesty. I notice on here you are referring to deck 4 cabins as four figure numbers. We have been allocated 429 ( only 3 figure number). Have Thomson renumbered the cabins?:confused:

We were originally booked on Destiny for two weeks kicking off on the 1st September. We are now, for better or worse on Majesty. I notice on here you are referring to deck 4 cabins as four figure numbers. We have been allocated 429 ( only 3 figure number). Have Thomson renumbered the cabins?

Worry not. Four figure cabins are inside ones. Your cabin is on deck 4 outside.:)

can anyone say please which grade of cabins have a walk in shower as inside and as outside cabins - not showers over a bath - thanks

The standard double cabins had walk-in showers. The cabins were quite tiny (see earlier pics) but I believe all these cabins - both inside and outside standard doubles on whichever deck as far as our nosing around could tell were exactly the same in terms of space and en-suites. The shower wasn't bad either but you did have to dry yourself in the shower area as there wasn't enough room to step out and dry off.

Archived