Sailing on Sunday on Spirit to Norway

Just two more days to go until we set sail on the Spirit for Norway. Really looking forward to it now, although would be nice if the weather would pick up - still I'm sure we'll have a great time.

I'm going along with 2 friends. One friend and I are sharing Cabin 6 on Eagle Deck. I was in Cabin 17 on Eagle Deck on the Spirit for the Red Sea Magic cruise in April 2011 and loved it so looking forward to going back again.

Our other friend insists on a single cabin so has reserved one near the Medical Centre. I just hope she won't find it too noisy but didn't want to put her off and knew she wouldn't share with us. Fingers crossed!

We'll drive down from Glasgow to Newcastle. Plan to leave around 9:30am and it should take around 3 hours but will stop for a wee break half way there. Should give us plenty of time and see us arrive around 1pm with sailing at 4pm. We'd rather be early than late! Does anyone know if the Spirit is returning from another cruise that day?

We have already booked the Flam Railway excursion but thought we'd wait until on board to see what we might do for the other 2 days. Bergen should be easy to DIY I think?

Anyone else on here going? I've had a search but couldn't see any mention of it.

Just two more days to go until we set sail on the Spirit for Norway. Really looking forward to it now, although would be nice if the weather would pick up - still I'm sure we'll have a great time.

I'm going along with 2 friends. One friend and I are sharing Cabin 6 on Eagle Deck. I was in Cabin 17 on Eagle Deck on the Spirit for the Red Sea Magic cruise in April 2011 and loved it so looking forward to going back again.

Our other friend insists on a single cabin so has reserved one near the Medical Centre. I just hope she won't find it too noisy but didn't want to put her off and knew she wouldn't share with us. Fingers crossed!

We'll drive down from Glasgow to Newcastle. Plan to leave around 9:30am and it should take around 3 hours but will stop for a wee break half way there. Should give us plenty of time and see us arrive around 1pm with sailing at 4pm. We'd rather be early than late! Does anyone know if the Spirit is returning from another cruise that day?

We have already booked the Flam Railway excursion but thought we'd wait until on board to see what we might do for the other 2 days. Bergen should be easy to DIY I think?

Anyone else on here going? I've had a search but couldn't see any mention of it.

I would leave home at about 8.00 am. you never know about problems on the roads, or god forbid a puncture etc :eek:

Boarding commences at about noon so if you arrive about 11.30 you can park your car and board just in time for lunch.

I like to be aboard as soon as possible as I am on holiday :D

Yes, Spirit will be unloading passengers in the morning.

Thank you both.

Appreciate the early start - we will check any roadworks etc before leaving and leave earlier if needed. I'm the last pickup as my friends are further away so not sure if we will leave from mine just as early as 8am.

Bergen should be easy to DIY I think?

Bergen is very easy to DIY.

Be sure to pick up a town map from Destination Services hatch the night before arrival.

Try to do the Fløibanen (Funicular) up Mount Floyen for fabulous veiws. 80 or 90 kroner return.

Bergen is very easy to DIY.

I thought it might but wasn't sure how close to the town the ship docked.

Be sure to pick up a town map from Destination Services hatch the night before arrival.

Thanks I'll do that.

Try to do the Fløibanen (Funicular) up Mount Floyen for fabulous veiws. 80 or 90 kroner return.

That was certainly on the agenda. I have been to Bergen 11 years ago but my 2 friends have never been. One seems interested in perhaps doing one of the tours, but the other seems interested in DIY. We're happy to go our own way but if both were to want to do a tour, I think I would probably join them rather than going on my own. However you never know.

That was certainly on the agenda. I have been to Bergen 11 years ago but my 2 friends have never been. One seems interested in perhaps doing one of the tours, but the other seems interested in DIY. We're happy to go our own way but if both were to want to do a tour, I think I would probably join them rather than going on my own. However you never know.

I think all the trips are half day (morning) so you could do a trip, have lunch on the ship, then do a walkaround in the afternoon. The ship docks about 10 min. walk from the centre.

We were there 2 weeks ago on North Cape Explorer.

Malc.

I think all the trips are half day (morning) so you could do a trip, have lunch on the ship, then do a walkaround in the afternoon. The ship docks about 10 min. walk from the centre.

Thanks. We'll keep that in mind.

Archived