Hi,

My quarter peso:

1. Carnival and Princess have better aft cabin views, and we try to book

them on those lines.

2. Royal's afts are a long walk to look at girders. We personally do not

want to pay extra for girders and hope the 'Sunshine Class' has better

aft views.

3. On Royal ships we prefer side balcony views, especially center

hump balconies..and they just happen to be convenient to elevators.

4. I talked to a CCer...don't book a JS directly under pool/activity decks.

My 2 cents.

Have a good one.

:cool:

I don't know about your aft cabin on Carnival, but the one we were in the Miracle had diagonal dividers, so looking out over the railing, you could see into each adjoining balcony. Also, with the slanted glass from the rail to the floor, I came out one morning in port, only to see a crew member suspended above, cleaning the glass.

We did just about the same thing. 3 adult women booking the JS ... 7414. It's inside the super structure. You feel like you're inside. The balcony was huge but you really had to look for the water. I'd NEVER do it again.

:confused: I've stayed in aft cabins on this class of ship and NEVER had to "look" to find the ocean. Like others have stated, there is ship structure within view and looking straight down you will see a plain deck, but the look out has always been beautiful.

We really enjoyed aft cabins on Brilliance and Enchantment. Did not like Deck 7 aft on Mariner and went with side balconies on Adventure and Navigator. Would only consider an aft balcony above the superstructure or on the side where there is less obstructed view.

However, even the obstructed views on Mariner were not terrible, we always need the "extra" walk forward to work off desert and we were on a cruise..life is good!

Can anyone tell us the good, the bad, or the ugly about the aft cabins on the Liberty, deck 7? (7414, 7412, 7714, 7712).

There will be three adult women in the Junior Suite cabin. We love to sit out on the balcony and watch the water, look for flying fish, and read and relax. Walking the long-long hallways are not an issue for us. We're more interested in the size of these Junior Suites and the view from the balcony.

If we'd be looking down directly onto another deck from our balcony and see nothing but metal, then these cabins wouldn't be for us.

Thanks for any information.

island284

Have not been on the Liberty but have been in aft cabins 3 times, loved each of them. They tend to be a bit larger, away from the crowds. You get a beautiful view of leaving port, you can see both sides of the ship , almost a 180 degree view. No noise of people walking by , talking and kids running. One kind of bad thing, you have to walk a long way if you are going to front of ship, but it is work the quiet and size. Hope this helps.

Hmmmmm..... You don't see the ports as you arrive or leave ?? This ship must back out of port when it leaves.Very interesting. Personally, we love the aft cabins. The only problem in getting an aft cabin is that they are grabbed up so fast. You usually have to book a year in advance to get one. That is how popular they are.

Anyone been on the Princess Sapphire leaving out of LA doing San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Catalina, San Diego? It is booked but when I went to the tours there were one maybe 5 listed. Is there any additional offered or is that it? How did you like the cruise. Need help, did we make a mistake?

Archived