Need Idea's Surprise Cruise Scavenger Hunt

krogers2063

I have read lots of idea's of how people have surprised love ones with a cruise and now I need some suggestions.

My daughter is graduation High School this year and I'm taking her on a girls trip for Spring Break. The is a group of 10 going 5 moms and 5 daughters and it is going to be great fun. We have not told the daughters yet about the trip but want to do so very soon.

My question is....I have made a photo book that I am going to give her that tells her about the trip but I want to do something fun to give it to her. I was thinking sending her on a scavenger hunt or something. Anyone ever done that and if so how did you do it? What kind of clues did you give and places you sent to find the clues. I want it to be fun because she is gong to be so excited when she finds out that not only is she going with me but her best friend and her mother as well.

Suggestions please!!!! :rolleyes::D

Depending on the ship you are booking, you can do something related to the name. A few years ago I surprised my now ex with a trip on the Paradise. I played Two Tickets to Paradise and handed him the itinerary at the end of the song. Then again, he surprised me by telling me there was no way he was going on another cruise. We went anyway. :)

Edited by DebBrown

That is fun....We are going on the Triumph. Thats a good idea. I will have to google that for some ideas.

Keep em comming!

You could get her a T-shirt made that says nothing but Triumph and let her figure out what it means.

We did this to surprise our girls last summer and I'm planning to do it again in a couple of weeks. I started last year with a clue that led them to a printed calendar for December with the dates highlighted. Then the next clue led them to another hint. I think I had 4-5 clues and hints. They will figure it out a lot quicker this year!

There are lots of hiding places - I'll see if I can't find the clues that I used and post them for you. The objects can be anything related to your cruise - things like a book related to the Carribbean, some flip flops, a couple of lanyards (for their Sail and Sign card), a plush dolphin, sun screen, etc. Just make them subtle at first and more revealing towards the end.

Let me see if I can find my list - I know I still have it somewhere!

Sherryl

She is a lucky gal; congratulations (almost) on her graduation.

For a nice warm Spring Break cruise, these might help: bathing suit, flip flops, visor or hat, iTunes gift card, beach cover-up, cute tee shirt, press-on tattoo, tote bag or sack-pack (with strings that become straps), the money to cover the cost of a passport if she doesn't have one, sunscreen. FunBucks or whatever Carnival has that would start her on-board account with a few dollars for sodas etc.

All the items already named would be great clues! Years ago I sent my son running all over the place with clues to his present - with the end result a new bike. Anyway, I put a clue (yours could be attached to one of the cruise-related gifts) in a card and handed it to him. The first clue said something like "when you get hungry you'll find a clue to the location of your gift." Then he had to figure out his next clue was in the refrigerator! The 'refrigerator' clue then directed him, in a similar manner, to other clues - under the sofa, in the bathtub, behind the TV, in the mailbox and, finally, pointed him to the garage where his new bike was located. He almost had a much fun running around trying to figure out the clues as he did when he finally hit the jackpot! Your "jackpot" gift would be the cruise documents.

for a good scavenger hunt, first, decide how big you want it to be.. like.. just around the house or block..? or around town?? I like around town for a teen who can drive. Then think of how you want the clues.. given by people? or found in hiding spots? or both? then think of who you know and where they can be found.. I recruited friends of my sister when i did this for her. one worked at the mall and another at an icecream place etc. Then make clues or kinda easy riddles for those places. like amazing race.. then when she gets there they give her an item and a clue to the next stop.. like sunglasses and a clue.. or flip flops and a clue.. start with the weird obscure items and then work to the obvious cruise items. Sounds elaborate but it will be the best fun trust me. The one regret I have is that I did not follow her with a video camera.. lol only in my memory now. but it was a ton of fun..

If the port the ship is leaving from has a webcam, you can have the last clue be the web address to that cam and have her try and figure out what the surprise is.

P.s- make sure the ship is in port before sending her to the webcam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by LMKakaThing2

I surprised my daughter once with a vacation (to Disney). I didnt tell her at all. I told her about a month ahead of time I made an appt with the dentist and I would be dimissing her from school. A couple of days ahead of time I reminded her that on "Friday" I was going to dimiss her for the dentist. The day of, I told her I would be picking her up at 10:30am, which I did and she didnt suspect a thing until she got to the car and hubby was inside with suitcases in the back. She looked so confused!!! I broke the news to her and she went crazy!!!!!:D

She was only 8, so I did all the packing (at night after she slept and kept the suitcases in my closet). It sure was nice not hearing "How many more days?" and a bunch of questions ahead of time!

• 3 years later...

We surprised our two with the news that we are going on our Magic cruise this month with a scavenger hunt. They just thought we were doing a fun family activity. I am lazy. I got all of the clues from the selling website where you can buy "handmade" things.....don't know if I can state the website name or not.?.? I think it was like $5 or something. There were lots of different ones to choose from, based on ages, number of kids, and inside/outside of the house. I just printed out all of the clues and then hid them in the proper locations. The "treasure" at the end was a printout of our cruise itinerary. They loved it!!!

Whatever you do, she is going to be THRILLED!