Tablecloth Shopping LeHavre/Honfleur

dana77kc

Good morning from steamy Florida. We are on a Celebrity Transatlantic South Hampton to Miami Nov. 30th 2012. Having been to France (but not LeHavre) mostly land travel, I am unfamiliar with the port area. On this trip and at this port, I am particularly interested in shopping for French jacquard table linens as well as the less expensive acryllic finish provence-type cloths and serviettes as found in the many stalls on market day. Any suggestions as to specifi shops in LeHavre or Honfleur?

Thanks,

Dana

• 2 weeks later...

Travelling the length of France from NW to SE earlier this year, my wife and I found (or had it reinforced on us) that product (especially food but also regional wares) availability tends to be very regional so, for example, you'll only find Catalan clothes in Languedoc-Roussillon and Provencal tableclothes and ware in Provence. Once you're out of the region, it isn't easy to find. Also, stores tend to be small so we found that if you visited a store of some brand (I will name Saint James (Manche department of Normandie) and Armor-Lux (Finisterre department of Bretagne) in that region, buy what you want as you may not (or should I be more definitive and say you probably will not) find it in the next store. Similarly, we came across some brand of Catalan fabrics. You coud buy it from stores in Perpignan and Paris, and New York and Tokyo, but nowhere else in Languedoc-Roussillon!

Not too sure if jacquard is generic French but if not, you may have difficulties finding them outside their native region.

Archived