Marina deck 12

Solon

Hi All

I have scoured the forums to find an answer without luck. Can anyone tell me about the four Concierge cabins on deck 12 of Marina? What are they like? Your thoughts/answers will be gratefully received. Thanks.....

They'll be the same as any other concierge cabins on the ship, except a little higher. There will be less traffic in the passageway as only the Vista suite occupants will pass by, and there is an access door leading to that cabin area, shutting it away from the hustles and bustle of the artist loft and culinary center.

On Riviera's Maiden Voyage, one couple, traveling with their adult daughter and significant other, had a booking for a Vista Suite, and reserved the concierge cabin next door for their kids. Those cabins are perfect for something like that (they ultimately took an upsell to an Owner Suite and a nearby A cabin on deck 10, so I never learned how the Vista Suite/A1 cabin combo would have worked out)

They'll be the same as any other concierge cabins on the ship, except a little higher. There will be less traffic in the passageway as only the Vista suite occupants will pass by, and there is an access door leading to that cabin area, shutting it away from the hustles and bustle of the artist loft and culinary center.

On Riviera's Maiden Voyage, one couple, traveling with their adult daughter and significant other, had a booking for a Vista Suite, and reserved the concierge cabin next door for their kids. Those cabins are perfect for something like that (they ultimately took an upsell to an Owner Suite and a nearby A cabin on deck 10, so I never learned how the Vista Suite/A1 cabin combo would have worked out)

Thanks, hondorner

Glad to hear about that access door. Is there an overhand above from the Spa? You really are the Sage from Florida when it comes to Oceania!:cool:

Oh great! This cabin is sounding better and better. Finally, it appears from the photographs that the balconies on Deck 12 have glass barriers? Whereas, the other balconies have metal bars across the balconies. Is that correct? Thanks for your help.

it appears from the photographs that the balconies on Deck 12 have glass barriers? Whereas, the other balconies have metal bars across the balconies. Is that correct? Thanks for your help.

071857.jpg

Yes, the veranda railings on deck 12 are teak with glass below. No Bars! :D

161136.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Solon,

Have you discovered any more info on the concierge cabins on the 12th deck of the Marina? We've booked 12003 for a 12/27/12 sailing from Chile to Tahiti. Was also concerned about being that high up, and wind factor. I'm just now getting up on the CC message boards.

Cheers,

Jeanne and Creighton Dennis

Kaneohe, Hawaii

Hello Solon,

Have you discovered any more info on the concierge cabins on the 12th deck of the Marina? We've booked 12003 for a 12/27/12 sailing from Chile to Tahiti. Was also concerned about being that high up, and wind factor. I'm just now getting up on the CC message boards.

Cheers,

Jeanne and Creighton Dennis

Kaneohe, Hawaii

Nothing more to report. Will be in 12003 on an October sailing and will report back then.

Cabin 9002 has an extended balcony. I loved it and booked it for Barcelona-Rio in 2013.

Not sure if 12003 will have the same extended balcony as 9003, but hope so! :rolleyes:

Sorry meant to type 9002! It is the morning after the Olympic party!

Not sure if 12003 will have the same extended balcony as 9003, but hope so! :rolleyes:

Sorry meant to type 9002! It is the morning after the Olympic party!

235104.jpg Some may call the veranda of those front-most Concierge cabins on deck 9 (9002 AND 9003) to be "extended" but it certainly isn't a very usable amount of space. It might be fun to stand on that slim projection occasionally to take a photo...

121053.jpg Similarly, the Concierge cabin verandas on deck 12 are not significantly larger than those on other decks, although the hallway outside your cabin is large enough for ballroom dancing and you will have more exclusive neighbors.

Similarly, the Concierge cabin verandas on deck 12 are not significantly larger than those on other decks, although the hallway outside your cabin is large enough for ballroom dancing and you will have more exclusive neighbors.

As opposed to the riff raff on deck 10 where the bulk of the A1 cabins are located?

Or by exclusive did you just mean there will be fewer neighbors because there are fewer cabins?

Solon, so glad you will have 12003 in October! You can let us know about the room so there will be no surprises when we have it in December. At least we can dance in the hallways!

Jeannie & Creighton

Will do.:)

• 2 months later...
Solon, so glad you will have 12003 in October! You can let us know about the room so there will be no surprises when we have it in December. At least we can dance in the hallways!

Jeannie & Creighton

Sorry WindwardOahu. I am no longer booked into 12003. Have paid for an upsell into a penthouse, but I am certain that you will enjoy the stateroom wherever it is. Your fellow passengers will enjoy your dancing, no doubt.

Archived