Anyone done Jeep Safari Island Tour?

dcjn

My husband & I are going to Grand Cayman for the 1st time in October for our Honeymoon. I have been looking at renting a jeep but being that we have never been I dont know if that is the best idea. I found this tour and was wondering if anyone has done it and what your experience was?

• 2 weeks later...

If you are referring to Island Marketing's Safari Island tour which stops at Rum Point, they no longer offer it. I am currently waiting for a reply from Cayman Safari - it looks like they offer a tour which stops at Rum Point for a short time.

• 4 weeks later...

If your talking about the excusion offer by Carnival, we did it 2 years ago.

They take you a bar/restaurant on 7 miles beach where they give you a jeep, then we all follow the guide jeep behind jeep to somekind of a beach where he tell us about history of the island. After that en route for Hell (nothing much to see there) with a stop to Taratuga rhum cake. Then back to the bar/restaurant to get hamburger, salad... include in the price (not much shopping there). You can enjoy for a while the beach and then the bus come to take you back to the pier.

Nice excusion to do once.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Cayman Safari Adventures is a great company that offers great service. Ask for Sherley she is am amazing guide and a local !

Their website is www.caymansafari.com

You can make reservations or inquire there :)

Hope that helps

We tried to book through them, but they are under contract with Carnival so we couldn't.

What I meant to say was that we wanted to book with them directly, but since we were on a Carnival ship, we would need to book through the ship. I'm sure if you are on another cruise line you could book it. They are great at getting back to you & will let you know.

We ended up booking the Cayman Party Bus since we have such a large group. That should be fun!

• 2 weeks later...
That's the one I contacted & it has been discontinued. We decided to go on the Cayman Party Bus since we have a larger group! http://discountexcursions.com/grandcayman/cruisin-for-a-boozin/

The Cayman Party Bus sounds like a lot of fun!! If I could get a group of 10(there is only DH and I), this would be a great idea for our trip in December. As an alternative, I also contacted Cayman Safari. Hoping they spend a good amount of time at Rum Point though. We'll see what they say.

• 2 weeks later...

We rented a Jeep from Avis and Cayman Auto rental the last 2 times we visited.

Drove to Rum Point both times. For us it was well worth it as the road is next to the ocean on the drive over. On the way back we took the short cut through the island.

Cut the driving time down 15, 20 minutes.

Archived