Connecting balcony rooms on Mariner deck 6?

gpb

I have booked 6346 and 6348 on the Mariner for Dec. 11. These rooms connect. My family of four -- us two big kids, and DDs ages 9 and 11 -- will be in one room. My parents (aged 70-something) will be in the other. Since the rooms both sleep 4, the girls are already planning a "sleep-over" at Grandma's cabin.

Does anyone have any insight on these rooms? A good choice, or should we go a few decks higher? Obstructed views? Issues with connecting door? Does the balcony divider move?

We have been in a Mariner deck 6 balcony room before and liked it. We made a game of using the stairs whenever possible. My parents will probably prefer the elevator (though they have surprised me before!)

Thanks, Gayle

Hi Gail, my DH and I were in 6346 back in October on the Mariner. There is no obstructed view. We did not know the couple in the adjoining room, but we did not have any problems with noise. We always book deck 6 because it is so convenient to the Royal Promenade. We are leaving Sat on the Mariner and again will be on Deck 6 different room.

A funny story about our neighbors in 6348. We are on the balcony during the sail away and one of them leaned over and asked if we could take their card and come into their room and open the balcony door. They had gone out and locked themselves out on the balcony. 6348 is a mirror image of 6346.

I think you can ask the room stewards to open up the balcony's.

any other questions, please let me know.

Debbie

Debbie, thank you!

I don't know why I was feeling worried. Maybe planning for my parents, too? If the balcony partition can be opened or moved that would be the icing on the cake!

I stuck with an online agency that I've used twice before. Both times, I feel we got a bit of extra service over the phone -- a tip on an aft balcony cabin for a 10th anniversary cruise on Celebrity; a lovely table for four on the Mariner that was near a porthole window. This allowed my 9-year-old daughter to quietly get up when she was feeling antsy, walk to the window and report on the great outdoors -- without disturbing anyone!

Can't wait! Gayle

Archived