Fans, etc from Galveston

DanusLight

Hi Everyone!

I travel with a small desk fan. I've taken a fan and the strip extension like cord thing on every cruise I've been on. There has never been a problem until last December out of Charleston. The fan was okay, the strip was confiscated ( I never did get that back!)

My question is does anyone have any experience, on cruising out of Galveston, with either of these items being confiscated?

Thank you for your help!

A good friend of mine that has cruised with me a few times takes a little fan with her on every cruise. She also takes an extension cord. When we sailed in May she forgot the cord and the cabin steward found her an extension cord. The extension cord was heavy duty industrial strength. Got a good laugh about it!

Hi Everyone!

I travel with a small desk fan. I've taken a fan and the strip extension like cord thing on every cruise I've been on. There has never been a problem until last December out of Charleston. The fan was okay, the strip was confiscated ( I never did get that back!)

My question is does anyone have any experience, on cruising out of Galveston, with either of these items being confiscated?

Thank you for your help!

This is from the Carnival webite---FAQ. I have this printed out and with my documents so if they try to take my fan or strip....I can show it to them. Both items should be small in in excellant condition, though. Have fun!

Miscellaneous Concerns:

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

• Electronics such as laptops, cameras, cellular phones, etc. are allowed on board when used with proper caution.

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

Munchkin,

Thank you so much for your help and input!! I will be printing this out and taking it with me!!

Miscellaneous Concerns:

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

• Electronics such as laptops, cameras, cellular phones, etc. are allowed on board when used with proper caution.

• Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords will be removed if determined to pose a hazard and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

I have to take a fan with me or I can't sleep! But the one that I take uses battery power. Got it at Walmart - it is awesome! I've taken it on many cruises and never had any problem with it.

Sherryl

I have to take a fan with me or I can't sleep! But the one that I take uses battery power. Got it at Walmart - it is awesome! I've taken it on many cruises and never had any problem with it.

Sherryl

My friend can't sleep without the fan either! I will tell her about the battery powered one.

Archived