Recent Dawn Cruisers Question about two of her dining room Stewards

Jeffry

Last year in October we sailed on the Dawn Princess and were very fortune to have two of the best dinning room (Joanna from Poland and Irma from South Africa) Stewards. We were so impressed by their personal service and attention to detail on our first night in the dining room. We made reservations to be in their section on several other nights durning our cruise.

We are going to be sailing again May 16th on the Dawn from our home city of Vancouver . I wanted to find out if anyone who has sailed on the Dawn recently knows if Joanna and Irma are still working on the her.

On our October cruise they both told us they would be working the Alaska season but allot can happen in 8 months.

Anyone?

Thanks

Jeffry

Can't tell you about the ladies you had but if they are not available on the Dawn check out Edger and his team in PC dinning. They went the extra mile for us, we reserved his section from the 3rd night on during our 10 day trip in March. We had any one of his three tables..87,88,89 if I recall correctly. Our group was 7-10 people each nite.:D

Wish I was there now..:p

We just got off the Dawn in Feb. and we had PC dinning and we requested Irma, they wanted to know how we new her, I told them people that just got off the ship told me to request her. We had them the whole 10 nights, true table for two. I think it was table 42 in their section. We had the best time with them, everytime we would see other people complaining for stupid reasons, like (why can't you bring us our food faster, we have to go see the show in 20 minutes), lol, and Irma was nice as can be, when we know she wanted to say , then why did you come in to eat so late and expect to eat in 1/2 hour, lol. But she was very pleasent, and then at the end of the night we would call her over and joke with her and repeat all the complaints from other poeple, lol. We got her laughing. We tipped them very well (extra) at the end of the cruise on top of the automatic tipping. Hope you get to have them again. But I am sure that whom ever you get will be great also. The first couple days in PC dinning room with the seating is a bit of a mess, but then it falls into place.

We will be on Golden in Oct. Maybe I can convince them to jump ship and be our waiters for the week, lol.

Sue

Thanks Sue for the infomation I hope there still on the Dawn this May. Like you we enjoyed their service so much that we gave them something extra at the end of our October Cruise.

I also realy liked where their section was (for our cruise) right in the middle and raised up a bit, giving you view of the whole dinning room.

Seastar

Thanks for the tip about Edgar and his team. I Irma and Joanna are not sailing on the Dawn I know who to use as back up.

Archived