New Orleans hotel room for family of 5

hardinggrad

We are a family of 5 (3 kids ages 17, 15 and 13) looking for a hotel room in New Orleans a day prior to our Navigator cruise in March. Although the Hilton website allows me to book the Hampton Inn for 5 people, when I call the hotels directly then tell me that there is only beds for 4 (i.e. 2 double beds). If anyone has had luck booking a hotel for 5 in NO please let me know. Thanks.

If you don't mind sharing....How much are you getting the room for? Are you able to keep your car in the parking garage?

We have a AAA rate of $179.10 (before tax). Parking is $30/day (I think). We are planning on flying so I didn't ask about cruise parking.

We booked the Homewood Suites (Downtown). They have suites with 2 queens & a separate room with sleeper sofa and a kitchen. Should be big enough for 5 people. They also have 2 room suites with a King & 2 queens.

We have a reservation at the Hampton Inn on St. Charles in the Garden District; trolley on St Charles, so we are thinking it will be good for sightseeing. $179 with free cruise parking::)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are a family of 5 staying at the Springhill Suites downtown, very close to the port. There are 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa, microwave, refrigerator, and free breakfast. Parking is $20 a day, but hard to get, so we are parking at Fulton Place for $12 a day. They shuttle you back and forth to the port.

The regular price for Springhill Suites is $119, but I booked with last minute travel . com for just $71. After booking with lmt I called the hotel directly to request 2 beds and they we happy to make that request.

Hope this helps :)

Drury Hotel is in a very good location (walk to the French Quarters, Harrah's, etc). We stayed in a suite that had one bedroom and living room. Kids sleep on pull out couch and we had one roll away (plenty of room). Drury is used by a lot of people on this board. Check out their website for details of extras they offer:)

• 1 month later...
We are a family of 5 staying at the Springhill Suites downtown, very close to the port. There are 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa, microwave, refrigerator, and free breakfast. Parking is $20 a day, but hard to get, so we are parking at Fulton Place for $12 a day. They shuttle you back and forth to the port.

The regular price for Springhill Suites is $119, but I booked with last minute travel . com for just $71. After booking with lmt I called the hotel directly to request 2 beds and they we happy to make that request.

Hope this helps :)

Just made a reservation at Springhill Suites for a total of $112 (AAA rate). How did you like the hotel?

Archived