Hell and Turtle Farm

valorbunch

Is it really worth going to either of these places? I have read that Hell is just a bunch of rocks that look like what Hell would look like?? The turtle farm sounds like it might be fun for kids but that is it.

I want to do the Stingray City and snorkeling tour but one private tour charges an extra $28 for the Hell and turtle farm tour.

In my opinion, not worth the extra. Like you have read, Hell is just a post office, trinket stands, and rocks, lots of rocks. The turtle farm isn't a zoo, it is a farm for raising turtles for their meat. Sure, some of the turtles are released back into the ocean, but the rest are headed for the restaurants, and not as customers.

But of course, this is only my opinion and there are others who have enjoyed going to the turtle farm.

I did both and would take snorkeling and stingray city hands down. Most kids will enjoy stingray city and snorkling more than they will the turtle farm (especially once they are told they are raised to be sold as meat). At stingray city you get to feed the stingrays while you swim with them.

In my opinion? Nope. I have been to both places and while the turtle farm is interesting if you have several days in GC then it would be worth it but you cannnot bring many of the products you purchase there into the states (Shell restrictions) and like the other poster said, it's raised for meat.

Hell? Well what can I say, it's rocky. Again if you have several days in GC then it's kind of fun for postcards but there are so many wonderful things to do in the water on GC.

I have to agree with other posts regarding Hell. Typical tourist trap, not worth the time or $$. We did enjoy the turtle farm but would I go back there again? no.

Make sure you do sample the rum cakes when visiting GC. :) :) :)

I did the Hell, Turtle Farm and Stringray tour combo. If given a chance, I would difinately do the string ray swim again but not the other two. Save your time and money. Swim with the stringrays longer. Nana

For us it was $10.00 per person. The cab also waited for us (about 20 mins or so). He then brought us back to the Seven Mile Beach so we could stay there for a while. So not sure the exact cost to go all the way back to the pier area, but we were charged $10 per person to go that route. $4 per person (different cab)to get to the pier from the beach.

On our Triumph cruise two years ago, we did a Carnival sponsored tour around the island and these were two stops...nothing great but glad we can say we've been there...Hell is especially disappointing..not much there. They dropped us off at 7-mile beach after the tour which was good.

Archived