Carnival Victory - Aft Balcony, Deck 7?

AllegraTiger

Anyone have any reviews/ thoughts about being on the aft balcony, deck 7, on Carnival Victory to the Southern Caribbean? We are planning on a cruise for Dec week 1 or 2. We're fairly new at this-- took one cruise to the Med on RCL in 2009, stayed in a Inside Room, Mid Ship. I discovered I was prone to seasickness but after using the patch behind the ear, I was just fine.

I'm talking about just the regular balcony rooms on the side but near the back-- not the super awesome "suite" balconies on the back of the ship.

I couldn't find any review on any of the rooms, so I'm wondering about things like noise, exhaust from back of ship, rough seas, etc.

Thanks!

Anyone have any reviews/ thoughts about being on the aft balcony, deck 7, on Carnival Victory to the Southern Caribbean? We are planning on a cruise for Dec week 1 or 2. We're fairly new at this-- took one cruise to the Med on RCL in 2009, stayed in a Inside Room, Mid Ship. I discovered I was prone to seasickness but after using the patch behind the ear, I was just fine.

I'm talking about just the regular balcony rooms on the side but near the back-- not the super awesome "suite" balconies on the back of the ship.

I couldn't find any review on any of the rooms, so I'm wondering about things like noise, exhaust from back of ship, rough seas, etc.

Thanks!

Click on here..tons of conversations:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=32411400

I can't speak to those exact rooms but, I have done the Victory once and going again in Dec/16/2012 The southern Caribbean is awesome especially out of San Juan. As far as exhaust ... there should be none as it is all piped up through the famous "Whale Tail" up top. ALso the seasickness thing should be fine when you have natural light and can see the horizon to help get your balance and equilibrium. lso the Caribbean Sea is usually very calm. Enjoy your cruise. There are lots of Victory rviews out there. (mine is linked in my signature)

I too am prone to seasickness and have been in lots of different locations on different ships. The most beautiful view was from an AFT cabin but that said the vibration from the stabilizers drove me crazy. Also, there is a good amount of motion felt in the Aft and the Bow. Now, I do use motion sickness bands and they do help a lot but for the best ride, for me, I find the midship area is the best.

Archived