Excursion/Tour Recommendations

duma0026

Hello,

My husband and I will be stopping in Barbados on our cruise in January and were wondering if anyone had suggestions on what type of excursions to do. Any suggestions would be of great help!

Thanks!

It all depends on what you like to do.

Barbados has amazing beaches... Forget white sand, we're talking pink sand...

If you like swimming with turtles, this is your place.

If you're not really into seeing beaches, then you can arrange an island tour and soak in the culture and history.

There is a lot to do on this island, it all depends on what you feel like...

Cheers, P:)

We did the 4x4 mini-dune buggies...what a hoot. we were taken over to the Atlantic side of the island. The equipment was in great shape, tour guides were really nice. The weight limit states 250....I wouldn't put two peolpe per buggy. My dear friend and I came in on the scale right at 250...we got bogged down in a couple of spots. We drove through some creeks and got very muddy...then we took a quick swim in teh ocean.

After this excursion we took a taxi over tot he Boatyard for lunch, drinks and more fun. We enjoyed the rope swing off of the pier. The food and drinks were really tastey. I thought the prices were the same as we would have paid here at home. A couple of people were suprised at paying $8.00 for a burger and fries...after we were done playing the Boatyard provided a shuttle service for free back to the ship.:D

Angela

Calabaza catamaran is absolutely the best. We snorkled with the turtles and at another location. Their website said that we would have snacks. We had all kinds of delightful island dishes that just kept coming. Drinks were plentiful. The crew was great. There were four couples--no shoulder to shoulder ship excursion. It was one of the best things we did in the southern Caribbean.

Archived