Must Do activitiy?

sweetdecimer

Is this your first time to Grand Cayman?

My first visit off a cruise ship was to do the Sting Ray tour with Dexter.

It was the most unique , fun and adventurous experience in the water I have ever had.

The next 3 stays in GC were anywhere from 4 to 7 days and we explored the entire island.

Must do..? if you enjoy the water then snorkeling at Eden's Rock with easy entry and a wonderful array of sea life would be on the top of my list.

Is this your first time to Grand Cayman?

My first visit off a cruise ship was to do the Sting Ray tour with Dexter.

It was the most unique , fun and adventurous experience in the water I have ever had.

The next 3 stays in GC were anywhere from 4 to 7 days and we explored the entire island.

Must do..? if you enjoy the water then snorkeling at Eden's Rock with easy entry and a wonderful array of sea life would be on the top of my list.

Yes, its our 1st time visiting the island.

Do you have a website for Dexter?

Yes, its our 1st time visiting the island.

Do you have a website for Dexter?

http://www.dexters-fantaseatours.com/

We had a great time with him. Out of the 3 Stingray Sand Bar cruise tours we have taken with different outfits he was the most caring about the stingrays, weather conditions and taking us close to the reef. Small boat and excellent tour.

Yeah, there are plenty of things to do on the island, but if it's your first time then Stingray City is sort of the defining "must-do" thing while you're here. Plenty of options for how to go, both through your ship, and using local excursion companies. If you can find one I highly recomend choosing an excursion that combines it with a trip to Rum Point Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever visited.

Yeah, there are plenty of things to do on the island, but if it's your first time then Stingray City is sort of the defining "must-do" thing while you're here. Plenty of options for how to go, both through your ship, and using local excursion companies. If you can find one I highly recomend choosing an excursion that combines it with a trip to Rum Point Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever visited.

The only company that I have found that includes a stop at Rum Point was Native Way and they are booked with a Private Group the day we are docked do you know of another excursion company that includes beach time as part of the excursion?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I planned on going to Stingray City myself in November. I hope it is still possible. Does anyone know how this will factor in?

http://www.compasscayman.com/caycompass/2012/07/31/Boat-captains-ordered-to-vacate-SafeHaven/

Remains to be seen how the tour ops deal with it. My guess is that if they do in fact have to relocate, it will mean that there will be a few new departure points. Tours to Sting Ray City will not be suspended by this, they make too much $$$. :D

Archived