Carnival Victory - Lots of noise near elevators?

AllegraTiger

We're thinking of taking the Victory to the Southern Caribbean the first week in December. Balcony rooms are pretty well booked up; while checking out the deck plans, the best rooms left seem to be on Deck 8 Verandah, near the elevators. There are rooms above and below-no public areas. I can move further to the center of the ship on Deck 8, but those rooms appear to be under Triton's Pool and/or the buffet and restaurant so we want to avoid those.

Has anyone stayed close to the elevator on this ship & floor? I am sensitive to noise to prefer a quiet location; usually I sleep with ear plugs while traveling.

We always get cabins near the elevators and have never had a problem with noise. Your cabins are to the back of the elevators so the noise is pretty much held to the inside of the ship at the front of the elevators. The elevators don't make any noise, it's the people waiting for them that make the noise.

Archived