I'm a WW failure - Help!

ckrobyn

Hi!

Andrea and Super89 that is great!!! I really think we should start a new thread for it because this one is named "I'm a WW failure - Help!" and we are not going to be failures!! What do you think? Maybe we should call it "Easy WW Success - Core Program!" If you can think of something else to call it I will agree to anything! :D This is exciting!!

Super89, it was my husband's birthday today and I had a birthday day! I don't worry about them at all! Back on tomorrow and all is well! Actually, I've been on it long enough that I don't feel well when I don't eat right and I am most anxious to eat right tomorrow! This is the first time that has ever happened to me!! I really love this program!! This is the easiest program I've ever followed!

SqueakyDust, I don't think the WW Core program is just US/Canada. I joined online. I use to follow the Flex program with points but the Core program is easier for me! I don't like to keep track of everything I put in my mouth. Just doesn't seem natural to me. The Core program is a long list of foods that are free. No counting. Eat until you are satisfied. Then you get 35 points of "other" foods for a week. I've read that most people on the average lose about 2 lbs. a week. That is what I've been averaging. Here is the basic food list, but if you want to check out more info it is www.weightwatchers.com.

All you want to eat: lean meats, (ground beef at only 7 % fat) beef, fish, Canadian bacon, poultry, etc.; vegetables (even corn and beans) (potatoes only once a day); fruits (if canned, only in it's own juice); eggs; oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat; cold cereal (whole grains like Shredded Wheat, etc. and only once a day); no fat milk, yogurt, hard cheese, (Kraft slices only the fat free swiss). There is probably a lot more that I'm not thinking of but that is a partial list. Then you get 35 points a week - if you have the WW points list of foods.

You definitely can't go hungry on this program!!

Barbara :D

What a great response, thanks everyone!

I'm looking forward to seeing this thread evolve as those of us that have previously failed on WW are willing to give it another shot.....

I'm going to re-join this week, I'll let you all know when! :)

There already is another WW thread started. Why don't we join in there. It's called WW need buddies.... etc. Join in if you want!

Jean

Jem -

I think what we are getting at here is that most of the respondents thus far have tried and failed at WW. I guess the idea for this thread is to support those that are considering re-joining. I have seen the WW thread and it's great! I started this one to talk specifically with people that have joined and failed as many times as I have! Thanks for your suggestion though :)

Robyn-

That is exactly what drew me to this thread! I had done WW (and countless other "diets" in the past), lost weight, only to gain it back again. This is a WONDERFUL thread, don't get me wrong. It was just suggested I guess. to make the "title" more positive. I think we have all helped eachother here with deciding that WW is a sensible plan as long as we are willing to make a lifestyle change commitment. That is actually something that I had trouble with today. I was home today so I was "tempted" by food that I should not even have in the house. I ended up eating some tortilla chips w/cheese dip! :eek: I don't know what came over me. :confused: After a "slip-up" like that, we need to get right back on program and not forget to write down what it was that we ate during our "weak" time.

This has helped me so much. Being able to "talk" with people that can relate and have been in my shoes! We can do this!

Have a great rest of the day everyone. and DRINK your WATER!

Jean

Good for you for finding a buddy and planning to go! My meeting leader always says that the weight loss part was easy, it's the maintenance part that is hard. And I believe it!! So, don't beat yourself up for going back (again), be proud of yourself that you care enough about yourself to get back in there are re-commit to your weight loss. Congrats on making the decision to go back, and good luck! :)

I have been doing WW since October. I really don't have that a ton to lose, but I'm losing slowly, at the pace in which I can fit it into my life. In about 7 lbs I'll have to learn the maintenance step, something I've always neglected before. This time, well, I'm going to do it darnit!! The only thing that has kept me going is not allowing myself to quit because of one (or ten) setbacks.

I have found a ton of great recipes online, and through WW cookbooks at my local library. I look forward to seeing where the new thread goes! :D

How about Weight Watchers revisited? Doesn't sound so negative does it?:confused:

I did ok today. Its funny but I have only been trying this for 3 days and this is the first week I haven't had to have an afternoon nap at my "low" time between 3 and 4 pm. Going to try to get back to the YMCA tomorrow and start up with that again.:cool:

How about Weight Watchers revisited? Doesn't sound so negative does it?:confused:

I did ok today. Its funny but I have only been trying this for 3 days and this is the first week I haven't had to have an afternoon nap at my "low" time between 3 and 4 pm. Going to try to get back to the YMCA tomorrow and start up with that again.:cool:

Weight Watchers revisited ! I LOVE IT!

Let's make that the new name :D

I'm looking forward to re-joining and really giving it a good effort.....

Sounds good to me also!! Weight Watchers Revisited!! Who's going to start the thread??

On the Core Program we can have grits. My Dad told me about making chips with the grits and I did it. They are fabulous!!! Crunchy, a wonderful treat!! I was in heaven with my grit chips and the new Diet Coke with Splenda!!

Anyway, to make grit chips--cook grits as on the box. I used the quick or instant or whatever they are. Then I poured into a 2 cup plastic storage container -- it's kind of tall -- and put it in the refrigerator. When cold you can dump them out and slice very thin. (It's not real important how thin or thick you make them -- personal preference.) Then spray a non-stick pan with Pam/Olive Oil spray -- put in the slices and fry on medium heat until golden brown on that side (probably about 15 minutes), then turn over and fry on the other side until golden brown (probably about 5 minutes). I just put salt on them, but you can spray "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter", garlic salt, or whatever you might like. Eat them while their hot!! Wonderful chips -- taste like popcorn chips I think. They are nice and crunchy!! :D

Barbara

Archived