Potty-trained on Royal?

JinxyB

Looking at cruises for next year and I can't seem to find an answer to my question...my son will have just turned three during the time frame I am looking at. I have no idea if he will be potty-trained at that time (I am really hoping he will be)! Will RCI accept him into the Kid's Club? Will they give me a phone or pager so I can change his diaper or pull-up or do kids have to be fully trained to enjoy the club? Thanks!

The rule says they have to be fully potty trained due to health regulations for the kids club, can still use the royal babies though We also will have a 3.5 year old and we are working with her now and making sure she is excited about the big boat so she works towards going potty more often.

The rule says they have to be fully potty trained due to health regulations for the kids club, can still use the royal babies though We also will have a 3.5 year old and we are working with her now and making sure she is excited about the big boat so she works towards going potty more often.

Yes this is right - they have to be 100% potty trained and "potty self sufficient" meaning that the AO counselors can't help them in the restroom. They won't accept any non-potty trained child - even in pull ups.

However, if they aren't - you need to be on a RCI ship that DOES have the nursery. Not all ships do yet.

Thanks for the info! So if he is not completely trained and let's say I book Allure, I would have to pay for him to be in the nursery even if he was over 3? I may be stressing out over this because we have not even started potty-training! I'm looking at either the Epic or the Allure/Oasis, so maybe I will stick with NCL since they will page you for diaper duty (according to website). I'm a big time planner, so maybe I am just jumping the gun a little! :eek:

Thanks for the info! So if he is not completely trained and let's say I book Allure, I would have to pay for him to be in the nursery even if he was over 3? I may be stressing out over this because we have not even started potty-training! I'm looking at either the Epic or the Allure/Oasis, so maybe I will stick with NCL since they will page you for diaper duty (according to website). I'm a big time planner, so maybe I am just jumping the gun a little! :eek:

Yes if you are on Allure and he is not potty trained then he will have to go to the Royal Tots Nursery and you will pay per hour even if he is over 3.

Epic - yes - as it stands right now - they are admitting 2 year olds and they do page parents for diaper changes. NCL is undergoing some changes within their program - in regards to their UNDER 3's - but I haven't seen anything to suggest that they will change the rules for those who are over 3.

If you really want to book Allure, I would go ahead and do it. There is a lot of difference between a 2 yr old and a 3 yr old and by next year he may be trained. Maybe if when you start training you talk up the kids program it might incentivize him to use the potty. Even if your son is not trained by the time you leave, there will be so much to do on the ship to enjoy. If you want some adult time you can always use the nursery (do they have in room babysitting on Allure too?)

If you really want to book Allure, I would go ahead and do it. There is a lot of difference between a 2 yr old and a 3 yr old and by next year he may be trained. Maybe if when you start training you talk up the kids program it might incentivize him to use the potty. Even if your son is not trained by the time you leave, there will be so much to do on the ship to enjoy. If you want some adult time you can always use the nursery (do they have in room babysitting on Allure too?)

Yes - Allure and Oasis both have limited in cabin babysitting available. You have to reserve as soon as you board to get some times. And instead of the lower priced nursery charges the in cabin sitting is (the last time I looked) $17/hour.

Edited to say - I just looked at a recent post by Beachchick and she is saying that she thinks it is up to $20/hour for in cabin sitting on Oasis/Allure.

Archived