Beach Options in Belize????

MarieATL

Without booking through Carnival or anyone else is there just a beach with a restaurant and bar here that we can just take a taxi to and relax on while we're in port???? I know in Cozumel there are plenty but I haven't heard much about public beaches here or in Roatan???? HELP.. We leave Saturday!! whewhoooooooooo:D

Marie, I haven't been there yet:( but according to the boards and Paul at Coral Breeze Limited, there are NO beaches accessible (sp?) without taking excursion or water taxi somewhere, sorry, hope this helps. Have fun on your cruise, wish I was leaving this saturday!!:D

Thank you so much for your response.. That stinks though you would figure it being "Belize" there would be somewhere that we could go on our own.. :( I am very excited.. 1 More day!!! :)

My husband and I on our third cruise and for the first time decided not to take one of the tours offered by ship. At the dock we were given many options of tours, but had just stayed up really late the night before and just wanted to relax somewhere, we asked around but decided just to walk the city. Once leaving the market where we docked we were bombared with other tours, we were hesitant at first and continued walking along the streetside until a taxi driver showed us a flyer with a Beach only few minutes away. We negoticated a price (always negotiate - that's my best advice) and he took us to the marina type complex. We paid $5 per person and although the beach was small, we were able to relax, there is a really cute and rustic bar and also a restaurant, we tried the pirates pirachos - it was great!! Local beer (can't remember the name was for a $1.50!). at the beach there were a few palapas and fortunately not too much people. We sunned ourselves for a couple hours and headed back to the docks, (we had pre-arranged pick up with our taxi driver - very nice guy, Jerry). There's also a museum of some sort, we we weren't in the mood for walking. We got back to the dock and still had time for some shopping. ;)

Archived