Western Caribbean Weather... ugh

Well.. T minus 2 days and I'm taking a look at the weather reports.. it looks like a rainy and nasty outlook for western caribbean.. needless to say I'm a little depressed... Does anyone have a good website for weather forecasts?? I've looked at weather.com and accuweather.com and both are reporting rain for Ocho Rios on Tuesday and Grand Cayman on Weds.. anyone know how accurate these are? When they forecast a T-storm is it one of those 5 minute thunderstorms that just passes through? This is putting a real damper on my day..

Thanks for any help!

I could be wrong, I am not a weather expert, but this time of the year it seems like you will see more days with rain forecasted than sunny days. I wouldn't worry about it. It is typically a short afternoon shower. When I lived in Florida, starting around mid-May and into the summer it rained every day for about a half hour or so and it was over. We just got back on Mariner OTS and it forecasted rain as well, but it only rained for a short time once. I think there is so much humidity in the air in the afternoon when it is hot that it has to let loose.

Have fun and don't let it concern you!

They alway predict rain down there. Most of the rain in just a passing shower. It may rain for 15 mins and then the sun comes right out. Every cruise I have beeen on to the carribean the prediction was rain and have never gotten more than a breif shower.

The other posters a correct, the rain is usually for a short period and then it clears up. However, I would not put much credence in those forecasts. On one cruise we took one of the other passengers checked the forecast before we left and it was for rain in every port we were to visit. Guess what, it rained for a couple of hours in Cozumel and every other port was sunny.

Archived